Yup, this is shaping up to be quite a busy year...which is obviously why this blog has been put on the back burner. Kaitlyn just finished preschool with a busy last month filled with Mother's Day events, Bike Rodeo's, a class party and a field trip to the zoo. I guess she now begins her first offical "Summer Vacation." We've decided to wait one more year before starting her in kindergarten...we did have her preschool teacher evaluate her and although she did really well on the academic testing, her teacher was concerned that she wasn't quite ready maturity-wise. Which, honestly, is kind of a relief. I think if Mrs. Hummel would have said "Oh, I think she'll probably be ok if she starts early" I probably would have been worried sick about sending her early, knowing she'd be the youngest. So this will be good...one more year to mature, work on writing, reading, independence, etc. Plus, she'll have an edge being one of the oldest once she starts playing volleyball! Ha!
We've also been on the go the last several weekends, too. We made a long weekend trip to North & South Carolina to Carowinds Amusement Park. It's one of the parks included in our Cedar Point season passes so we thought we'd check it out. It sits right on the border between the two states and was very pretty, although the roller coasters they have hardly compare to what we're spoiled with at Cedar Point! We realized we are VERY lucky to have grown up knowing Cedar Point so well. You should have heard some of the kids at Carowinds talking about how "big" a certain ride was or how "long" the lines were to wait...seriously, it was NOTHING!! LOL. We also made a trip to Cedar Point for opening weekend a few weeks ago and plan to go a BUNCH of times this summer. We've camped at Harrison Lake and visited Sauder Village, as well as taken a trip to the U.P. to visit Grandpa and Grandma Maloch. We stopped at Mackinac overnight and visited the island before heading to Grandpa's house. It was a wonderful visit!
I have been TRYING to become a runner once again, which started with a few runs prior to running the Glass City 5k in April. I had only run a small handful of times so I was sure my time would be awful (and it was...27:07), but guess what?! Apparently all the GOOD in-shape runners ran the half marathon so my awful time was good enough for third place in my age group! I was somewhat in shock when I found this out, but hey, I'll take it! Of course, running this race and seeing how awful my time was helped motivate me to run more often...'til I started having some possible thyroid issues and had to stop running for 2 weeks. Urgh -- not fair! All is well now, though, so I'm hoping to hit some pavement tomorrow and get back on track. In two weeks I'm competing in the Corporate Cup for Chrysler and running a 5k and doing high jump (for the first time in 14 years, since high school -- it should be quite laughable!). I did get to practice high jump when we were in Michigan last week and even though I am VERY VERY VERY out of shape, I still managed to jump 4'5"...not close to the 5'2" I used to jump in high school...but at least I made it over the bar!
So that's the update for now. I'm going to try my darndest to keep this blog going more often!!
Saturday, June 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment