Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A Week of Aundrea!

This last week has been all about Aundrea...Thursday was her 5th birthday AND her preschool graduation. So we had a busy day full of opening presents, getting ready for graduation, watching her class perform, playing with her new toys, etc. We also had a birthday party for her on Sunday, so a lot of our time this week was spent preparing for that...food, cake, wrapping, party favors, etc. I could tell poor Kaitlyn had a major case of left-out-itis because ALL things Aundrea were happening all at once. Then, as if birthday and graduation wasn't enough, Aundrea discovered she had her first loose tooth too...which would soon mean a visit from the tooth fairy! Kaitlyn said "I'm older, how come I don't have a loose tooth?" Aww, poor kid! I figured this day would come...I fully expected Aundrea to lose a tooth well before Kaitlyn since Kaitlyn was such a late teether. Anyways, the tooth has not fallen out yet, but it's fairly wiggly...looks like the Tooth Fairy will be making her first visit soon!

Anyways, Aundrea's birthday party was pretty fun! She requested a Strawberry Shortcake cake/theme, so that was cute. Lots of pink and green! We also rented a bouncy house for the party since we knew there would be a TON of kids coming...and boy, were there! We had close to 50 people at the party and about 20 of them were kids! They bounced their hearts out and were tired, hot, sweaty messes by the end of the day. Aundrea received LOTS of really nice presents and had a blast!

In other news, both girls have kindergarten screening today!! Oh boy, this is like the final step before kindergarten! They will also get to go to Safety City next month, which I know they'll LOVE. Kaitlyn and Aundrea have both recently taken to wearing dresses ALL. THE. TIME. I'm starting to wonder if their shorts and tank tops will EVER get worn because they wear the same 5 dresses over and over. Girls! ;o)

No comments: