Friday, August 8, 2014

Back to School & Back to Running!

Woot! Two equally exciting things! I've been back to running for a week now and it feels sooooo good. Last Friday my first few walk/jog laps around the track were a little defeating (I was getting passed by 6 year olds), but since then my ankle is feeling pretty good and my enthusiasm for running has felt awesome! My cardio is slowly coming back, my legs feel pretty good...I am soooo going to tackle this half in October!!

We also had our first "Back to School" event yesterday...teachers and class lists were posted at school! So we walked up to the school to see who the girls had for their teachers this year. Kaitlyn has Mrs. Ansted and Aundrea has Mrs. Gottschalk (funny name for a teacher, yes?). They're both excited about their new teachers. Upon going through the lists of their classmates, we discovered that ALL (seriously) of their friends (from school, from girl scouts, etc) are in Aundrea's class. That poor teacher is going to have her hands full because just the girl scout girls alone can be a bit rambunctious! I even reminded Aundrea that she's going to have to try very hard to be quiet when she's supposed to be -- I'm anticipating some yellow warnings for chatting during class already! Poor (shy) Kaitlyn has two girl friends in her class, though they aren't kids she's played with outside of school, and her one boy friend from last year, Liam. I can tell she's a bit nervous about not having many of her friends in class, but I reminded her she'll make new friends and see the other kids at lunch and recess. Hopefully she'll break out of her shy-shell more this year.

We have a fun weekend ahead of us! Tonight we're headed over to Smidge and Bean's house for a play date with several of our friends...Parker, Ryker, Reese, Emme, etc. Tomorrow I'm going to try my first 'long' run since spraining my ankle (hoping for 6 miles) and then we're off to Rolf Waterpark with all the grandkids. Sunday night Wayne's bro from Florida is coming into town and we're all going to Cedar Point on Monday -- hooray for a day off work! Lots of fun to be had this weekend!

No comments: