Oopsy...I haven't blogged since Easter! I'm sure ya'll are hanging on a thread waiting for my return, right?! :o) Well, here we go! The last week or so has been crazy busy...as in, it feels like we never get to sit down! We've been to Chuck E Cheese, multiple parks, working late, working REALLY late...it's just seemed non-stop this week. My work is really picking up...I have 1.5 listings and have been working with a few buyers too! And Wayne has been working a lot of long days too...one day we worked until 4am finishing up a house! Talk about exhaustion! But it's nice to finally have my job picking up...hopefully there will be a paycheck in my near future!
Kaitlyn has been a gem lately...sure enough I say that and she'll turn into a monster tomorrow...but she really has been good. When she first turned 2 I thought we were in for it, but lately she has been pretty well behaved, even when she doesn't get a nap. She certainly has her 'two-ish' moments, but she listens well and is a good little helper...usually! Yesterday we met a couple of friends at the 577 Foundation (which she calls the "777 park") and had a blast! Kaitlyn, Gavin and Jack (all going on 2.5) were running around, squealing in joy while chasing each other over this little bridge...they were having a ball! Gavin even gave Kaitlyn a great big bear hug, they ended up falling over and nearly fell into this little pond! Us Mom's freaked for a moment and then laughed at how cute they were...once they were safe! It's so fun watching these kids grow up together...I'm so fortunate to have this group of mom friends that I've known since Kaitlyn was just a few months old. They really aren't babies anymore...they are little kids now! How weird is that?!
In other big Kaitlyn news: she got a swingset!!! Wayne's brother's family gave us their swingset because their daughter doesn't really use it anymore, so we really lucked out! Wayne had some fixing up to do, but it looks great now and will hopefully last a long time. Kaitlyn was thrilled when she saw it...she was ready to swing and slide immediately, but Daddy was still working on it so she had to wait a little while...boy, that was rough! Show a 2 year old a swingset and then tell them they can't play on it yet! But she loves it...she goes down face first on the slide now (which is a little scary for Mommy) and swings on the big girl swing (also scary for Mommy)...*tear* my baby is all grown up! She's even been using the big girl potty seat (as in the regular potty, without the little insert) which is fantastic because now I don't have to carry the diaper bag around anymore! Wahoo! We're really trying to play up being a "big girl" lately since D-day is coming up...AKA making the switch to the big girl bed day! I ordered new princess sheets for her toddler bed today in hopes of bribing her to stay in bed! Ha ha! We'll see how that goes in a couple weeks I think! I'll post a few pics in a separate post...it's such a hassle to get them into a blog with text! Enjoy!
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment