What a busy and eventful week! The weather has been awesome lately so we took full advantage of it and spent darn near all week outside! Last Thursday we met the Mom's Group at the zoo again...not only was I "in charge" of my own kiddo, but I also helped keep tabs on my friends little guy (Gavin)...boy, was I busy! I now have a new appreciation of Mom's of two or more kiddo's...at any given time either of them could have taken off in opposite directions, but thankfully they were both really good. They both did a great job holding my hands...thank goodness or else I fear they would have gotten lost in the millions of kids at the zoo that day! Anyway, we had a great time and got some sun too!
Friday I helped out in Weeville at church for the start of Easter services. When we got home Grandma M. had just arrived! Saturday was a busy day of getting ready for Easter, dying Easter eggs, making sure the Easter Bunny had everything taken care of, etc. This was Kaitlyn's first egg dying experience...it was a little nerve wracking! We put towels down on the counter, but I still didn't want her hands to be dyed, so she mostly watched Daddy dye the eggs...then she decorated them with none other than Elmo stickers. Saturday evening the Easter Bunny came and left a trail of eggs from Kaitlyn's bedroom door, down the stairs, through the living room and to her Easter basket full of goodies! She got some sidewalk chalk, a Dora bubble whistle, bunny stickers, Pez, Peeps, more candy and her very first chocolate bunny!
Sunday morning we all got ready for church and contained Kaitlyn upstairs until we were all ready. Then we let her head downstairs...she followed the trail of eggs picking each one up, opening it, inspecting the insides and eating whatever was inside...mostly Peeps and M&Ms...which is basically what she ate for breakfast! She was very excited opening the eggs and seeing her basket of goodies! We had a hard time getting her to stop eating and get into the car for church! But we made it, phew! After church lots of friends and family came over for Easter lunch...yummy! Then it was time to hunt for eggs outside...perhaps the best part of the weekend! We must have hid about 50 eggs, each with goodies inside, and she had a ball finding all of them. She ran all over the yard, down her slide a zillion times and then rode her powerwheels and bike...we played outside all day and wore her out! It was really a great day!
In other news...I have my first listing as a Realtor!! WOO! Wayne has been swamped with work lately too, working lots of late nights and not getting to see Kaitlyn too much...we're both missing our little girl! This weekend is a busy one too, including a birthday party for Kaitlyn's buddy Joe. It should be another fun and busy weekend. Check out Shutterfly for LOTS of new pics!
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment