So every year around Kaitlyn's birthday I record some of her current 'milestones' so I can go back and look at them the following year...and get all weepy and sappy about how grown up she's getting. So...here we go!
At three years old Kaitlyn is yacking our ear off in long sentences...asking lots of questions, commentating on everything in life, pointing out things that we don't even notice, singing tons of songs, etc. She loves singing along with my Taylor Swift CD as well as Carrie Underwood and "the Sing Sing Sing song" from church. She's also started memorizing her bible verse each month. She has such a funny personality and surprises us daily with the funny things she says. She's doing very well with pre-school/kindergarden prep stuff...she recognizes all her letters and numbers up to 10+, she knows most of the sounds each letter makes, she can write about half of the upper case letters, including writing her name (except she can't write a K yet), she knows her full name, address and most of her phone number (she always gets 1 number wrong though!). She can count to 50 with a little help (she always skips 13 and needs help getting from 19 to 20, 29 to 30, etc) and can count to 10 in Spanish. She also knows most basic colors in Spanish too. She's starting to put two colors together when describing something...like she'll say "That is bluish-green." She loves coloring and drawing...her favorite color is purple and that is her crayon color of choice...almost all of her drawing is done using the purple crayon! She understands the concept of coloring in the lines and she can draw straight lines, circles, squares, rectangles (triangle is in progress), suns and stick people. Her stick people are quite impressive as they include head, arms, legs, eyes, nose, ears, mouth, mustache, hair and shoes! She's starting to get the hang of using scissors and glue too. We haven't decided yet if we want to start preschool this coming fall or the following fall, but either way I think she'll be ready to go!
Kaitlyn loves playing lots of games now too. Hide and seek with Mommy & Daddy is probably her favorite game...we love chasing each other around the house. She's usually the 'seeker' because she can't keep quiet long enough to be the 'hider'! She also loves playing I Spy, Candyland, the Memory game, the Opposites game (I ask her something like "What's the opposite of hot?" and she'll tell me "Cold" etc.) and the Rhyming game (I'll say "What rhymes with cat?" and she'll say "Hat" etc.). She's getting quite a few games for Christmas so I expect we'll be playing lots and lots of games this year! She plays well by herself for a decent length of time now...I feel good about letting her play alone upstairs in her bedroom for a while, etc. She loves cooking in her little kitchen and playing grocery store. And she loves her stuffed animals...she's not so much into dolls yet, but she sure loves her teddy bears!
As for physical stuff, she learned to pedal her trike over the summer and is a pro at it now. She walks up the stairs like an adult (alternating feet) but still goes down one step at a time. She can hop on one foot for a few hops too. We're hoping to get her into dance class, swim lessons, etc soon. She CAN dress herself, but often doesn't WANT to. She goes potty all on her own now and very rarely has an accident...she wears undies for naps and usually wakes up dry, but still wears a pull up overnight. Hopefully, in the next few months we'll see the end of pull ups for good!
Ok, I think my brag-fest is getting out of control! It's just amazing how much she changes in a year! I can't even imagine how much she'll learn by the time she turns 4! She is so smart and loving and funny...and while she definitely has some monster three year old tantrums, they are relatively short and she's happy most of the time. I love her so much and she is what keeps me going...it's impossible to have an awful day because she always says something cute or funny that makes me smile. I love you, Kaitlyn and Happy (late) 3rd Birthday!!
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment