Gosh, I really don't know how it's been so long since my last post! I have been awful lately...and apparently busy! We had a wonderful Christmas this year, however it was much more quiet than usual, which was kind of weird. Christmas Eve we went to church and it was amazing, as usual. Then headed home to have Wayne's Mom's side of the family over. Wayne and I exchanged our gifts then...mainly because he got me a NEW CAMERA that he knew I'd want to use that night and the next day!! We had a nice dinner and then opened presents with the family...just the beginning for Kaitlyn! ;o) Santa came that night and even left a letter for Kaitlyn, thanking her for the cookies, milk and carrots for the reindeer...he even left her one Hershey Kiss from one of the cookies because he was too full to eat it. We expected Kaitlyn to jump for joy Christmas morning because Santa brought her a bike! However, she came down the stairs and looked right past the bike to her stocking showing candy sticking out...she was certainly more excited about the candy canes than her bike at first! She did eventually get excited about her bike, but it was certainly not the reaction we expected! LOL! We had a laid back Christmas morning...taking our sweet time opening presents. Kaitlyn was a pro at unwrapping this year. She got all sorts of fun things...a shopping cart, doll stroller, Strawberry Shortcake remote control car (one of her favorites), doll, playdoh, games, keyboard with microphone (another favorite), pots for her kitchen, play cakes to decorate, oodles of clothes, etc. She definitely made out in the gift department this year! The rest of Christmas day was spent playing with Kaitlyn's toys, playing with my camera, getting the turkey dinner made and visiting with Grandma M. Overall a wonderful Christmas!
Kaitlyn and I decorated her first gingerbread house this week. We cheated and bought a pre-built one...so all we did was ice it and put the candy on. Kaitlyn did a good job decorating it...she is pretty good with patterns so I told her to do red/green/red/green around one part and she did it nearly perfectly! The only 'issue' with the gingerbread house was that she kept eating all the house decor...ah well! We also went to Children's Wonderland with Gavin and Amanda. They rode the train together MANY TIMES and had a ball! Seriously, they are the cutest little pair! They rode around in the very back of the caboose and kept smiling out the window each time they went by...Gavin even gave her a big hug and Kaitlyn just giggled! So cute! And of course, we made it to the Lights Before Christmas at the Zoo. Kaitlyn thought it was appropriate to lay down in the middle of the walkways (filled with many people and a little snow) and make snow angels...everyone walking by laughed at her! It was hysterical! Oh and Wayne has been getting back into model trains so we've attended a couple train expo things lately...not especially geared for children, but Kaitlyn had a good time nonetheless. She's not been very into trains so this was something different to experience with her. She's especially fond of the caboose!
In other news, I am no longer a hair-virgin!! I colored my hair for the very first time last night...just highlights to lighten it up, but I love it! Mommy needed a change! Tonight we're ringing in the new year...in our jammies! I'm not even sure we'll stay up 'til midnight! Aren't we lame?! Kaitlyn went to bed as usual (it's been a busy, tiring week) so we're just hanging out on the couch tonight. As for new years resolutions...nothing specific for me...I just want a more productive 2011...trying to simplify, organize, re-prioritize and just get more done...I've found that for not having a 'real job' this year, I haven't done much at all...and it's starting to drive me nuts! Hopefully I will find another 'real job' very soon!! I just hope 2011 brings another healthy year for our family...I'm not sure how we do it, but we seem to be very blessed with a healthy little girl who hasn't really been sick yet...I'm still amazed by that...and very thankful! Happy New Year!
Friday, December 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment