Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Where Have I Been?!

Whoooopsy...I haven't updated the blog in over 6 weeks! Sorry about that! I don't even know where to begin with the catch up!

Easter was wonderful and very fun! The Easter Bunny left a trail of eggs from Kaitlyn's bedroom door, down the stairs, around the house and to her basket. She had a ball picking up all the eggs this year and, unlike last year, didn't eat THAT much candy on the way to her basket! The Easter Bunny smartened up and put cereal in some of the eggs because last year her breakfast consisted of Peeps and M&Ms. But this year she collected the eggs without opening MOST of them. And of course the PURPLE eggs were her favorite! She had lots of goodies in her basket and also got a purple bunny pillow pet (which she LOVES) and a jumbo coloring book. We also hosted Easter dinner at our house with lots of family and then had our annual Easter Egg Hunt in our front yard...this is my favorite part! She gets so excited to run around and collect all the eggs, although I think next year we're going to have to REALLY hide them because she's getting too good! Oh and this year she wore her Flower Girl dress for Easter...so fun to get to wear that again!

In other news, our weather is STARTING to warm up enough to get outside...when it's not raining. So we've had a couple trips to the zoo (with our new wagon!) and the 577 Foundation already. And they FINALLY put the swings back up at the park near us so we HAD to visit there! Kaitlyn is REALLY into Max & Ruby right now too. She got a Max & Ruby book for Easter and had it memorized cover to cover after just a few times reading it. It's amazing how quickly she picks stuff up like that. Lately we've been doing some "school papers" in preparation for preschool (which she starts in the fall!!!) So we're working on writing letters, counting things, coloring matching pairs, figuring out the letter sound words start with, etc. She has a lot of fun doing these and I'm sure it'll help her be ready for school...holy crap, school!! She does really well writing her first name now, but it's all in caps...we need to work on lower case letters.

OH!!!! BIG NEWS!!! How could I forget this?! Kaitlyn is officially 100% potty trained now! She's been day trained since about 22 months, but at that time she couldn't hold it very long so we didn't even try to train her for night time yet. Well, a few weeks ago Wayne put her to bed because I was out with the girls and she told him "Daddy, I don't want to wear a pullup to bed. I want to wear undies!" So he let her! I was so anxious that night, expecting to wake up to a soaked little girl in the middle of the night (because she almost always had a wet pullup in the morning). But to my surprise, she woke up dry...so we went with it. I told her she had to keep her undies dry for 7 nights in a row and then we would have a "Stay Dry Party" with cake to celebrate. I think she stayed dry like 10 nights in a row, then had one accident and has been dry every night since. YAYYYYYY!!!!! No more pullups!

Kaitlyn has definitely been...um...shall we say...EXPRESSING herself more lately. As in, if she doesn't get her way, she now stomps her feet on the ground in protest...it's quite comical really, but slightly annoying and not something I want her to get used to. So we're trying to combat that before she turns into a total monster. She's also been buckling herself in her carseat...totally by herself! She has liked to do a buckle here or there, but lately she does all the buckling and even pulls the strap to tighten it up! Of course, we pull it a little tighter to keep her safe, but it's nice to not have to buckle her...especially when it's pouring down rain outside!

Alright, that's going to have to do for the update for now! I will TRY to get back on track with the blog updates! :o)

No comments: