Friday, June 10, 2011

Three and a half!

Wow, we have a three and a half year old on our hands! How did this happen so quickly?! I swear she just turned three...this is by far the fastest year yet!

Summer is finally here and we've been taking full advantage of the warmer weather. Over Memorial Day weekend we joined our friends, the Ballard's, and went to Hocking Hills. We stayed in the same cabin we usually stay in, mostly so we could partake in the dollar bill game again! We had a great time...we did lots of hiking and saw some really pretty waterfalls. I have to admit that Kaitlyn impressed me with how well she did walking. She usually wants to be carried after walking a short distance, but she hiked a pretty long time before getting tired. We all enjoyed the hot tub after our hikes too. And the grown ups went horse back riding one day while the kids (Kaitlyn, Gavin & Abby) napped...thanks to Grandma for watching them all! Overall a very fun trip!

Kaitlyn also experienced her first camping trip a few weeks ago. We got a small pop up camper and have only taken it out once so far, but we had a good time. Of course we had to make smores, which Kaitlyn had a love-hate relationship with...she loved the chocolate and graham cracker, but hated the stickiness of the marshmellow! She also made a little friend at the campground too...a 2 year old little girl who was right across the street from us. She had a little sandbox at her camper so guess where Kaitlyn played most of the time? Yup, over with her new little friend! It was really cute 'sending her off' to play at someone elses 'house'.

Oh! One more very exciting thing to note about this summer!! We have Platinum passes to Cedar Point! WOO! So we can go as many times as we want AND it includes ALL the Cedar Fair parks, including Kings Island! So that's where we'll be spending a lot of time this summer. We've gone once so far and Kaitlyn had a ball!! We took Aundrea with us (we think it was her first time there) and she loved it too. Our first stop was at the "Eh eh cars," as usual, and then onto the little roller coasters. Perhaps more exciting than the rides though, was meeting Snoopy, Linus and Sally from the Peanuts gang! Both girls LOVED (and I mean LOVED!!!) on them forever! Neither of them wanted to stop giving the characters hugs...it was really cute! So it'll be fun to go there often this year!

I have been TRYING to catch up with pictures on Shutterfly lately too...I didn't realize that it had been nearly 6 months since I added pics to that site! Oopsy! So I have a couple months to do, then I'll be caught up. Take a peek!

No comments: