Saturday, March 31, 2012

Five Months Later...

Wow, I'm not doing a very good job keeping up this blog, am I?! I'm going to make it a goal to do better, I promise! Although, at this point, I bet no one even reads it anymore. For the most part, I'm just going to use this as a 'baby book' for Kaitlyn...I'm hoping to print all the posts out so we have them, God forbid something happens to this site.

Now, for an update on Little Miss Kaitlyn!! We had a wonderful Max and Ruby party for her 4th birthday, WAY back in November. She was head over heels about Max and Ruby for the last year or so, although now she's very into Peppa Pig and Rapunzel. If we had to decide on her 5th birthday theme right now, it'd be Rapunzel/Tangled, hands down. I heard that the Easter Bunny may be bringing her some Rapunzel items soon! Anyways, age 4 has proven to be quite more enjoyable than age 3 was. We're seeing far fewer tantrums, which is wonderful...HOWEVER, apparently with age comes attitude because WOW! This girl can be quite bossy and sassy at times! For the most part though, Kaitlyn is a very well mannered little gal. I love the way she now excuses ME if I sneeze or something...such a little sweetheart.

Kaitlyn is turning into quite the little smarty-pants too! It seems that she excels in drawing, coloring and writing. The pictures she colors now are amazing compared to just 4-5 months ago...she does very well coloring in the lines. Now she loves drawing Thomas the Train and making tic-tac-toe boards. And she loves making birthday cards for all her buddies...she can write pretty much anything we spell out for her and she's even learning to spell and read on her own too! She loves playing her site-word bingo game and can read words like He, She, Please, Out, But, etc. She really does love to learn and I hope she still has that passion once she finally gets to school. Even though she'll turn 5 this fall, she misses the age cut off so she'll have to wait another year before kindergarten. Academically, she would do find, but we want to make sure she's socially ready too. She counts to 200 now (WOW!!), she knows all her shapes/colors/letters and most letter sounds. She rhymes words, knows opposites, knows how to mix colors in English and Spanish, knows what letter words start with...she uses scissors pretty well, can write the whole alphabet and she's adding numbers up to around 12 in her head too! I feel like I say this all the time about her, but it just amazes me how much she picks up with very little practice. I worry a little that because she picks up on things so quickly, that when she does have to work a little harder in school, she may get frustrated.

Well, that's going to have to do for the update for now. I'll try not to be so much of a stranger to my own blog! ;o)

No comments: