You read it right…Kaitlyn is almost FIVE! That seems so grown up to me…like, nothing about 5 is babyish…5 year olds go to kindergarten and ride 2-wheelers and tie their shoes and are big kids. Sigh. I really thought Kaitlyn would stay a baby forever…this growing up stuff kind of stinks. ;o)
Kaitlyn’s birthday isn’t until Saturday, but last night we took her to get her 5 year pictures taken, as well as some family and Christmas photos taken. Kaitlyn was such a ham and ‘performed’ wonderfully for the photographer…just a few silly faces, but mostly pretty smiles and cuteness! In typical Portrait Innovations style, she took a few pictures by the ‘giant’ teddy bear…and that’s when it happened…I realized my baby is no longer a baby. Gasp! I literally said out loud “That giant teddy bear seemed much larger last time she sat with it,” which would have been for her 2 year pictures. Apparently, kids grow quite a bit in 3 years (duh) because the once gigantic bear that swallowed my baby now just looked like an oversized teddy bear…there was nothing gigantic about it. Huh…my baby is growing up…who knew that would happen?! I think I’ve reached the point of I-want-my-little-girl-to-stay-this-size-forever.
Of course, Kaitlyn’s birthday is accompanied with LOTS of other happenings each year…here is the plan for this year’s chaos:
Tonight: Grandpa Maloch & Grandma Marti arrive from the UP (eh!)
Wednesday: Usual work day for Wayne & I while Kaitlyn gets to stay home and play with Grandpa & Grandma…no fair!
Thursday: Morning Turkey Trot 5k, fixing the Thanksgiving feast and then EATING the Thanksgiving feast! Possibly stay up VERY late shopping the after-Thanksgiving sales.
Friday: Sleep and recover from late-night shopping, rush around like a crazy woman getting everything ready for Kaitlyn’s birthday party, eat leftover turkey.
Saturday: Kaitlyn’s 5th birthday!! Open presents in the morning, take our annual birthday trip to Build A Bear, watch Ohio State beat Michigan, eat leftover turkey again, bake Rapunzel birthday cake.
Sunday: Grandpa Maloch & Grandma Marti leave. Grandma “in Dayton” arrives! Church, rush around like an even crazier woman putting the final touches on birthday cakes, decorations, food, etc. Birthday party!! Also, pass out from exhaustion by 8pm.
Monday: Day off! Go to preschool with Kaitlyn to celebrate her birthday. Spend all day playing with my 5 year olds new toys! This might be my favorite day of the festivities. :o)
So yeah…just a few things to do this weekend. ;o)
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment