Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas, New Year's and Everything In Between...

Today is my first day back to work after 11 (ELEVEN) days off. To say I'm in a holiday funk would be an understatement. I didn't even know what date to write on Kaitlyn's preschool tuition check this morning...come to find out I accidentally post-dated the check by a few days...whoopsies! It's not so much that I mind being back to work...it was more the waking up to that awful alarm clock sound that I dreaded this morning...THAT was RUDE! The good news, though, is that I only work 3 days this week and then have another 9 days off for vacation...more on that to come!

But first...Christmas! It was crazy, but good. On Christmas Eve we went to church (but to the Perrysburg location) and it was amazing, as usual. Then we headed over to Marsha and Roger's to be with most of Wayne's family. They had yummy food and even a few gifts for us, which was super nice. My favorite part of the evening was that I got to snuggle a newborn. Our latest addition to the family is Wayne's niece Jessica's daughter Sara...she's a sweetie. After the party, it was time to head home so Santa could come. Kaitlyn and Aundrea were beyond excited about Santa coming...so excited that we ALMOST forgot to put out cookies and milk! We got out of bed to do so...and still forgot carrots for the reindeer, but oh well...reindeer like cookies too, right? ;o) 

On Christmas morning, Kaitlyn and Aundrea woke up and each found a candy cane on Kaitlyn's bedroom door...Santa has left Kaitlyn a candy cane on her door for the last few years and it's something she really looks forward to. Then they woke up Grandma Maloch and then finally came into our room. We all layed in bed for a little while...but then they couldn't take it any longer. It was time to do Christmas!! Aundrea DUMPED her stocking out in the blink of an eye, while Kaitlyn unpacked one item at a time...so of course this made Aundrea a little antsy for her to get to the rest of the presents while Kaitlyn was still opening her stocking. Then it was on to the presents that Santa brought! Kaitlyn and Aundrea got mostly the same items...TONS of clothes, a box of Lego's, Rapunzel/Tinkerbell lunch boxes, Leap Pad games, etc. Santa also brought Kaitlyn Bouncy the Puppy, which she was VERY excited about. This is when we had to explain to Aundrea that Santa also left some presents at her Mom's house...no matter how even/fair/similar we tried to make the gifts, she certainly noticed every little difference! GAH...can't win. But both girls got thoroughly spoiled with lots of nice goodies. Grandma got them some really cute dress up outfits...Kaitlyn got a chef costume and Aundrea got a hair stylist outfit...which is perfect since she likes to do her own hair! We reminded her that she is ONLY to use the FAKE scissors that came with her costume...no more real scissors for her! ;o)  We sent Aundrea home with all her goodies and then it was time to prepare for Christmas dinner at our house. It was really nice...Wayne took care of almost all of the food prep, which was incredibly awesome...I love that he enjoys doing that...mostly because it means I don't have to. Ha! We had a great night, visiting with all the family...always lots of laughs. This is also when Wayne freaked my mom out by telling her that I'm an alcoholic...lol...which, for the record, IS NOT TRUE...at. all. But it was pretty funny!

The next few days included lots of laziness...laying around in our jammies, not showering 'til 3pm, taking a nap on the couch and doing a little bit of shopping. Ahh...that was the life. We NEVER do that...we're always running somewhere, making sure our days our jam packed, so it was wonderful to just be totally lazy for a few days. We did have a New Years Eve party, which was really fun. Had several friends over, played some poker, ate lots of yummy food, drank a little (don't worry mom...I didn't drink ANY of that bottle of wine you saw me open...I did have a Mike's though)...did I mention I got second in one of the poker games and won my money back?! Wayne was not as lucky. Some would argue that I'm a better poker player than him, as I usually lose less money then he does...  ;o) 

So that brings us to this week...Friday we are leaving for FLORIDA!! We'll get to Wayne's brother's in Jacksonville Saturday morning and then early Sunday morning we're headed for DISNEY WORLD!!! SQUEEEEEE! This will be our first "real" Disney trip...our first time staying at a Disney resort, our first time taking Kaitlyn to all the parks, our first character meals, etc. I'm pretty certain she's going to love it...I sure hope she does! I feel like she's the perfect age to go now...she's WAY into all the Disney princesses and we've been watching lots of Disney movies this past year too, so she knows a lot more characters now. I'm sure my next blog will be a vacation report...stay tuned!

No comments: