Ok, let's try this again...
I haven't been NOT blogging...BLOGGER has been not blogging! Every time I've tried to post something in the last month, it doesn't work. So let's give it another go.
So yeah...KINDERGARTEN!! My baby started kindergarten a month ago! I'm proud to say there were no tears (not counting the moment I teared up as she excitedly boarded the school bus) and everything went smoothly. Kaitlyn and Aundrea both looked adorable in their 'new school clothes' that they couldn't wait to wear...both had little skirts on with matching tops...super cute! They were so excited for kindergarten that they pretty much jumped out of bed, got ready right away, ate breakfast and had time to waste! We took a few pictures out front (you know, the standard 'first day of school on the porch' photos) and then the girls took off RUNNING for the bus stop...even though we didn't need to leave for like 10 more minutes! So Wayne and I ran to catch up and made the long trek to the bus stop. I have to tell ya, it was pretty cute following those giant backpacks with little legs sticking out down the street. :o) Finally, the bus turned the corner and they started squeeling with excitement, lol. They ran right up to the bus and almost forgot to get kisses and hugs first! Kaitlyn got on, turned and waved to me at the top of the bus steps...and that's when I teared up. Sigh...so big, so mature, so smart and so incredibly beautiful she is!
Wayne and I walked back to the house and it was eerie. I think we were both thinking the same thing...did we really just put our little girls on the school bus?! So sad, yet so very exciting! Anyways, we got in our car and drove to school so we could meet them outside their classrooms. And...low and behold...they found them, thanks to the help of our neighbor-friend Maylee (a second grader - woah!) Kaitlyn and Aundrea had HUGE grins on their faces when they saw us! So we got each of them settled in their clasrooms, said our good-byes, gave hugs and kisses and left our babies at school. Sigh. It. Was. Weird. Wayne and I both took the day off so we headed to breakfast together...it was so nice! And then we drove past the school again...you know, just to make sure everything was ok. LOL. I have no idea what we were looking for?? The school wasn't burning down or getting raided so I guess that's a good sign?? LOL...having a LITTLE trouble letting so, I suppose. :o)
Wayne had to head to work for a couple hours, so I had the house to myself. Let me repeat that. I was HOME ALONE...I think it was the first time in 5.5 years! I did some cleaning, some relaxing and made the girls brownies for after school. Then it was finally time to go to the bus stop! Kaitlyn bounced off the school bus and yelled "Mommy!!!" and then Aundrea got off a little slower...I think she was enjoying the ride and wouldn't have minded if she went around one more time. Ha! Then the moment I had been waiting for...the after-school report!! Eeeep! I think this was most exciting to me because I hardly EVER got to pick Kaitlyn up from preschool, so I felt like I missed out on the "so how was school?" conversations. So, walking back to the house, I asked them..."So, how was your first day of kindergarten?!" and you know what they both told me?? "Good." That's it. Good. Good?! I need more than that, kids! Geesh, give mommy a break! So I pryed a little more and asked what their favorite part was. Kaitlyn said "Riding the bus!" and Aundrea said "Lunch and recess!" LOL...typical 5 year old answers. :o) Oh, and they LOVED the after-school brownie treats too.
So now here we are, a month since school has started already! Since they only go every other day (but full day) it's taken a little while to get into a routine, but I think we're getting there. Homework always gets sent home on the first school day of the week and it's due the last day of the week. They also have letter sharing items to bring in weekly too. And of course, since they are in different classes, their 'specials' (music, gym, art, library) fall on opposite days...so that's sometimes confusing to keep track of. But we're getting the hang of it. So far, the hardest thing to remember is packing lunches!
They are both doing pretty well so far, too. Kaitlyn is doing really well with site words and reading. She aced her first site word 'test' so we moved onto next quarters site words, which she knows already too. So now we're working on the first grade list. Aundrea is taking a little longer to get the hang of site words, but she's getting them. We just have to remind her that even though it's hard, practice makes perfect...she's not super fond of homework so far, but she's getting better and better each time. Hopefully, we'll have TWO "A" (or actually, "4") students!
Monday, September 23, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment