So, about those lost teeth...Kaitlyn lost her first tooth back in January, right after we returned from Disney World. It was loose (like, barely hanging on by a thread) our whole trip, but Kaitlyn is NOT a tooth wiggler...at all...so it didn't come out 'til we had been home a couple days. It was so loose that it fell out when she was chewing her shredded wheats for breakfast...and that was the last it was seen, lol. She said "Mommy! I think my tooth fell out! But I lost it!" We tore the house apart looking for that tooth...no such luck. It was somewhere between her mouth and her tush, lol. Immediately, Kaitlyn started drawing a picture for the Tooth Fairy and wrote on it "Dear Tooth Fairy, My tooth fell out, but I lost it. Love Kaitlyn" The Tooth Fairy was happy with the picture and decided the hole in her mouth was enough evidence...no need to dig through the toilet to find it. ;o)
Kaitlyn's second tooth fell out almost a month later, again after having been super loose for a LONG time. This time, it fell out just because her tongue touched it. LOL. Thankfully, the tooth was still on her tongue when she realized it was out and she retrieved it before it went down the hatch! Phew! She was playing and I heard her say "Oh! I think my tooth fell out. Oh, yup, there it is!" Hooray! The Tooth Fairy was DYING to get her hands on that tooth! ;o)
I forgot to mention how much the price of teeth have gone up since I was a kid. I remember getting about 50 cents from the Tooth Fairy. Kaitlyn has gotten $5 for the first tooth and then $2 for the second (same goes for Aundrea). Talk about inflation!
So far, neither girl has any more loose teeth...which is great because the Tooth Fairy needs to replenish her funds! ;o)
No comments:
Post a Comment