My baby turns 7 years old today! It's so hard to believe...seems like it wasn't that long ago we were having her 1st birthday party and now she's 7! Here are some fun facts about Kaitlyn at age 7:
She's in 1st grade and her best school friend is Adilyn (and Aundrea, of course).
She still LOVES all things kitty cats.
Disney's Frozen is a BIG hit right now.
She weighs about 47 lbs and is about 49" tall...tall and skinny!
She loves to sing, but not in front of people.
She loves drawing, coloring, writing, crafts, etc. and loves to tape her creations up on our walls.
She is doing very well in school and has gotten a perfect score on EVERY spelling test so far!
She loves playing the crane game at Kroger and will negotiate with Daddy for more money if she doesn't win!
She can be very sweet and sensitive but also very stubborn...we think she may be a good lawyer or sales person some day. She wants to be a vet or a fairy princess though.
She started playing volleyball last month and is learning to pass & serve pretty well.
She does not like to be on stage or have people (other than Mommy & Daddy) watching her perform songs, reading, dance, etc.
She tried her first ever bite of soup (chili) last month, at almost 7 years old.
She has still only lost 2 teeth and it doesn't appear that she'll lose anymore in the near future.
Her favorite toys are stuffed animals...mainly Purple Kitty and her Anna & Elsa dolls she just got.
She started reading chapter books, like Junie B Jones, in the last few months and has learned how to read silently to herself.
Her favorite movies are Frozen, Aristocats, Tangled and The Little Mermaid.
She is becoming more and more a Mommy's girl :) She loves her Daddy very much, but has really taken to Mommy this last year or so. Mommy couldn't be more thrilled. :)
More than anything, Kaitlyn wanted to celebrate her 7th birthday at Great Wolf Lodge indoor waterpark. So, Friday night we set out with two school friends (Adilyn and Gretchen) and had a super fun weekend at GWL. We had a Frozen cake, Frozen goodie bags for the girls, Frozen decorations in the hotel room (which included bunk beds in a 'wolf den') and a lot of fun water slides! Sunday we had a small family party with Grandma's, Grandpa's, Uncles, Aunts and Cousins. Kaitlyn was thoroughly spoiled and the theme of everything (gifts, décor, cake, etc) was Frozen.
I'm so blessed and so thankful that God picked me to be Kaitlyn's Mommy...I love her so much and just can't believe she's 7 years old. When she was first born, I remember thinking often about what she'd be like, look like, act like when she was 4 years old, 7 years old, etc...now I can't even bring myself to wonder what she'll be like at 11 years old or 14 years old. I want her to stay little forever! Time is passing too quickly and even though it's inevitable, I want her to slow down on the growing up! I miss that snuggly little bald baby!
I love you Kaitlyn Alyssa and I hope your 7th birthday is one you'll remember forever! I know I will!
Monday, November 24, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment