So, my last post was about Kaitlyn's 7th birthday, huh? Oddly enough, it ended with me reminiscing about her bald little baby head...ya know why that's funny? And ironic?? Because we have ANOTHER BABY ON THE WAY!!!! A LOT has happened since my last post, to say the least! So, let's talk about that. :o)
Way back in December, we celebrated Christmas at our house, like usual, and then took our annual trip to Jacksonville, FL. Our niece Danielle went with us and had a box of spicey Cheez-Its she opened in the car on the way down...I remember thinking that they smelled SOOOO goooood, which was odd. Fast forward a few days to when we were at Bryan's house preparing to go to Sea World the next day. Knowing I'd be riding some roller coasters, I thought to myself that I hadn't had a period in a while...don't keep track exactly because I was on the BC pill. I kept thinking and ended up pretty sure that I hadn't had one since before Thanksgiving...so maybe I should take a test JUST in case. I always wig out like that if I think I'm late and I certainly wouldn't want to ride coasters if by chance there was a tiny baby in there! :o) So the next morning, I woke up before the rest of the house, snuck out to the car and mapquested my way to Publix, the grocery store of choice in Florida. I found my way home, snuck quietly back into the house (thank you Jesus, everyone was still asleep!) and went to the bathroom to POAS. Now, I have done this several other times, all with negative results, except of course when I was pregnant with Kaitlyn...in ALL of those times, the 3 minutes is the LONGEST 3 minutes EVER and that little pink line takes FOREVER to show up. Or at least it did with Kaitlyn. This time around was MUCH different. I no sooner set the test on the counter and flushed the toilet and that little pink line was CLEAR AS FREAKING DAY! OMG!!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!! I remember staring in the mirror, smiling in disbelief, but in total shock because...well, we were DONE! The rest of this is a little blurry...I know I went into the bedroom where Wayne was half sleeping...sat down on the bed and said something like "Sooo...I took a test." I think I remember him saying "And it was negative again?" or maybe he just said "And...??" Somehow I got out that it was positive and he went into shock. Like literal disbelief of "No way!" and "It's got to be wrong!" and "It must be a false positive!" I can't remember if the girls were already up at this point or if we were whispering so we didn't wake them. At any rate, we had a HUGE secret to keep now! At Sea World I had to keep coming up with excuses why I didn't want to ride any of the roller coasters...which was very suspicious to Bryan and Danielle. And Jenna and I took the girls to a bouncy house place and I had to keep getting off because...blech. And of course, New Year's Eve I declined any and all alcoholic beverages, lol. Even on the way to Sea World and on the way home I was starting to get some morning sickness already. The hardest part was that Wayne and I never really got a chance to talk about it at all because we were surrounded by family (and the girls) who wasn't allowed to know yet!
I had my first doctor appointment shortly after we got home from vacation and they guessed I was about 6-7 weeks pregnant, based on my HCG levels. Then I had my first OB appointment around 9 weeks and got to see little baby bean and hear a heart beat. I also learned that since I'd be 35 years old when I delivered I was considered higher risk because of "Advanced Maternal Age"...lovely. They called me OLD. :o) Anyways, due date of August 21st, 2015!! Holy cow!! Another little baby! I'd be lying if I said Wayne snapped out of his "shock" quickly...there was a good month of it, I think. But he came around. Oh, and the GOOD thing that came out of my OLD AGE was that now we were able to get a chromosomal DNA test that checked for abnormalities...and also the gender...at 12 weeks! WOOT! Sign us up for that! Ha! Thankfully, everything came back super and baby looked perfectly healthy...and was a...GIRL! Insert Wayne's second phase of shock here. :o) I know he's been wanting a little boy (and it's no secret that his family has, too) and even though I personally didn't care what gender the baby was, I kind of wanted a boy for him. But, DNA says baby is a girl and that's pretty darn accurate! When we first told the girls I was pregnant they were both VERY excited...like jumping up and down screaming, excited! Kaitlyn said she wanted a boy and Aundrea a girl. So when we told them that little baby was a girl, I assumed they'd both be really excited...I didn't think it'd matter THAT much. Well, it did. Kaitlyn totally cried. Poor girl, had her heart set on a little brother, lol. I felt so awful for her and started crying too (darn you, pregnancy hormones!). Of course, since we've started shopping for little baby, she's seen how much more fun it is to buy cute GIRLY items, rather than boy items...she came around pretty quickly. :o) I think both Kaitlyn and Aundrea will be pretty good big sisters!
So many more details to share, but I'll save that for another time!
Tuesday, June 16, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment