Saturday, December 19, 2009

Gearing up for Christmas!

Well, Christmas will be here before we know it! I can't say we're entirely READY, but we will be soon! Wayne and I are sending Kaitlyn to Grandma B's tomorrow so we can finish up our Christmas shopping. I enjoy wrapping, so that's not a big to-do...THEN we'll be READY! Next week Grandpa M and and Grandma Marti are coming into town for the holiday weekend...we can't wait! They have an action-packed schedule while they're here, as usual, but hopefully we'll get a good visit in! I'm sure they can't wait to see Kaitlyn...hopefully she'll show off all her new tricks for them! Our holiday plans are pretty usual...Christmas Eve service at church, then over to Grandma and Grandpa B's for the evening...back home to play Santa Claus, then up early-ish on Christmas morning to open presents at home! I think this year we'll have breakfast burrito's before present-opening! Later in the afternoon, Wayne's other side of the family is joining us for dinner at our place...and of course, the day after Christmas will entail nothing other than good-deal-finding in the stores! On a side note...we decided NOT to send Christmas cards this year...it's not that we don't like all you people (ha ha!)...but it's been more busy than usual, not to mention stamps are getting too pricey to afford, especially on only one income this year! I hope to be back on track with cards and our annual Christmas letter again next year though!

What else is new...on Tuesday I took Kaitlyn to Playland...it's this indoor place with playground equipment and bouncey houses. We met Kaitlyn's buddy Gavin there and another little girl named Reese, who is also from our Mom's group. Kaitlyn was pretty tentative about the bouncey houses at first (which also happened last time we tried this!) but she warmed up to them eventually. I thought this was kind of funny because you pay by the hour there...so I paid $5 for one hour and about 45 minutes into our hour is when she decided that she liked the bouncey houses! Great kid...you wasted 45 minutes of play time! We actually stayed a little over our 'alloted time' anyways...I say the clock starts when they actually PLAY ON the bouncey houses...not look at them whining! At any rate, I got to climb in them with her...I'm sure that was a sight...watching a nearly 30 year old woman climbing in and out of these little toddler-sized bouncey houses! But Kaitlyn liked it...she'd jump up and down and then fall on her bottom and say "ka-boom!" She's still talking about the "bouncey houses"...we tell her NOT to jump on the couch, so then she says "bouncey house" and we say "Yes, you can jump at bouncey house, but not the couch!"
To bounce or not to bounce...that was the question for the first 45 minutes!
FINALLY...bouncing in action! Check out the look on her face...too funny!

We got our first little taste of snow this morning...maybe an inch-ish on the ground...so I took Kaitlyn outside to play in it...I'm happy to report that her snow pants (size 12 mos) and coat (size 18 mos) still fit her from last year...they are a little snug with all the extra layers of clothes on, but hopefully they'll last through this winter...and her new snow boots look adorable! So, that's the scoop...Merry almost Christmas!!
Here we are baking cookies...she could TOTALLY be a kitchen appliance model, don't you think?
She did a great job dumping all the ingredients in!

No comments: