Wow...I haven't posted in over 2 weeks...sorry! Life has gotten a tad busy the last few weeks...that's summer for ya! Here is the short story...
Two weekends ago we took LONG trip up north to visit Grandpa & Grandma M in Big Bay, Michigan...that's WAY up in the U.P. Kaitlyn did wonderfully in the car...told us when she needed to potty and did an amazing job holding it 'til we found a rest area. She kept herself entertained with books and stuffed animals really well too. I really couldn't have asked her to be any better in the long car ride. On our way to Grandpa's we visited the Tahquamenon Falls, which was beautiful, and Oswald's Bear Ranch. Wayne and I had been to both those places a few years ago (B.K. = before Kaitlyn) but we wanted to show her some cool stuff on the way to Grandpa's! Once we arrived we took Kaitlyn on her first fishing trip. Wayne was very excited to do a more "manly" activity with his little girl and I had fun too. Unfortunately, we didn't catch anything while Kaitlyn was on the boat with us, but Wayne went back out and caught a few! Kaitlyn & I got to play on the beach while Daddy fished some more...we made sand castles and burried our feet...it was a blast! We also hiked to another waterfall on our way out of town that was really pretty too. And we got to relax and rest a little bit too...with no computers and very little cell phones...yay! Of course we had to stop in Mackinac on our way home...for some ice cream! Mmm!
Once we returned from the U.P. we had two days to catch up on laundry and life and then Wayne's brother from Florida and his family came to visit! See, I told you we've been busy! Six extra people sleeping in our house! It was a really fun visit though. And they talked us into going to Cedar Point with them...yeah, they had to twist our arms really hard! Ha! Wayne thought it'd be fun to take Kaitlyn's buddy Gavin with us again, so he called up his parents and they agree'd! Wow! We thought they must trust us pretty well to take their son on a day trip like that! I was a little nervous, seeing how I'm not a mother of two...I wasn't sure how all the logistics would work, but everything went great. We borrowed a double stroller from a friend and Gavin & Kaitlyn rode happily in it for most of the day. They both napped in it and had a blast riding all the rides again. No one got sick or pee'd their pants or had any major meltdowns...for TWO two year olds, I'd say that's a pretty awesome day! And, even though they clearly were exhausted by the end of the day, they were both singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on the way home in the car! Too cute!
Last Saturday I took Kaitlyn for her second hair cut...just a little trim to stay healthy again. I don't know what to do with her uncontrollable curls, especially around her face because her hair is always in her eyes. I asked the "professionals" opinion and she thought because her hair curls so much that bangs would curl and look odd, so that wouldn't work. So, we're still growing her hair out...maybe one day she'll actually leave her barrettes and hair bows in so her hair won't be in her face! But for now I'm just hoping it grows a little faster so we can tuck it behind her ears or something. And I'm on the hunt for good ponytail holders that are tight and won't break when I twist them around her hair.
In Kaitlyn news...we're trying to teach her to count to 10 in Spanish. It's kind of fun and we just started it, so she only knows a few numbers correctly, but hopefully she'll catch on quick. She also knows how to sing (in tune, I might add) "Doh ray me fa so la te doh...so doh!" That's really cute! And we made the (sort of) mistake of teaching her a (sort of) bad word...we ask her "What do we think about Michigan?" and she says "Go Bucks Michigan sucks!" It's super funny...but probably not the best thing to have her saying...hopefully she won't say it at church! :o)
So that's the short story of our last few weeks. I need to upload BUNCHES of pictures to Shutterfly but just haven't done it yet...sit tight and I'll do it soon hopefully!
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment