Saturday, January 8, 2011

Oh The Irony...

So I ended my last post talking about how thankful I was that we are a healthy family blessed with a healthy little girl...and guess what? Kaitlyn has a cold now! Guess I'll keep my mouth shut about that from now on! Anyways, she just has a cold...congestion and a cough...but her cough is pretty 'wet' sounding and it's been around for a while, so I took her to the pediatrician Thursday, just in case it got worse over the weekend. They said it's just a cold though. I think she's finally starting to get over it. So...I guess I can officially say we had our first ever 'sick visit' to the peds office now (for something other than a rash). I'm still dreading that first 'sick tummy - puking all day' thing though...I'm sure it'll come soon enough.

Let's see...we really haven't been up to much lately. We're starting to research preschools in our area. We hope Kaitlyn will be able to start preschool in the fall (just two days a week for a few hours). There sure is a lot to think about when deciding on a preschool though! We really want her to go somewhere in our school area so she'll meet some kids she'll be going to kindergarden with. And ideally we want her to go to a Christian preschool. And of course, it needs to fit in our budget. So, we'll be sitting in on some preschool lessons in the next few months and starting to talk to Kaitlyn about going to school. OH MY GOSH...how is my BABY old enough for school already?!

Ok, now for some funny Kaitlyn cuteness! All day today she talked about Cedar Point..."I can't wait to go to Cedar Point! When can we go there? Are they closed? Why? Can I ride the Eh Eh Cars? I can't wait to ride the train there!" and on and on and on! It was so funny because it was totally out of the blue. Crazy kid! She also pulled her first turkey wishbone this week with Daddy. She wished for a Thomas Train, which is weird because she's really not that into trains. But we talked about how sometimes your wish comes true and sometimes it does not (we had no intention of buying a Thomas train for her). So she talked about that wish for a few days after she made it..."Mommy, when is my wish going to get here?" Well, Aunt Ruth came through and let her pick a little train ornament from her Christmas stuff! Not a Thomas train, but a train! We also got Kaitlyn a toddler trampoline last week with some Christmas money she received. She has a lot of fun bouncing on it...it makes funny noises when she jumps! Very fun!

No comments: