Last week we had a wonderful time in Florida! We left Thursday evening after work, threw in our last items, picked up McDonalds to eat in the car and we were on our way. And then about 40 minutes later, Kaitlyn projectile puked ALL OVER the place! Oh. My. Gosh. It was disgusting...it just kept coming and coming and of course we had nothing to catch it in. She shot it so far that it hit the back of the drivers seat. As soon as she stopped she said she was hungry (a good sign) but I was like "Heck no! You're not eating anything!" LOL! Luckily, we were only a few miles away from a rest area so we spent about 45 minutes there cleaning up Kaitlyn, her clothes, the car, etc...it was NASTY! But after that fiasco, she was fine...drank a little water, ate a few cheerios and she was totally fine. I've been saying I want to get her 'first real sickness' over with, but in the car is not what I had in mind. This was really only her second time puking and she still hasn't really had the flu or anything yucky yet.
Ok, back to Florida...she slept most of that night in the car and then was great for the rest of the drive in the morning. I'm so thankful she entertains herself well in car rides. We stayed with Wayne's neice, Jenna and her hubby, Dave...they were great hostess'...and Jenna had a ball playing with Kaitlyn. We kept joking that they were BFF's now! While in Florida we went to the Jacksonville Zoo, which was great. Pretty similar to our zoo in terms of animals and size, but they did have some more tropical/warm climate animals...and of course no polar bears or penguins! It was a nice zoo though. We also got to play the Wii and the Kinect a lot...even Kaitlyn got into that. On Sunday we visited Jenna and Dave's church...Celebration in Jacksonville. It was similar to Cedar Creek, but of course a little different. It was very weird to hear a southern sounding speaker...they're enthusiasm seems to come across as yelling! Ha! Later that week we rented an RV and headed to the Florida Keys with Jenna, Dave, Wayne's Dad, Bryan and Edye. We had a great time...on our way we stopped in the Everglades to go to an alligator farm. We got to hold snakes and baby gators...very cool! We also visited a couple beaches in the Keys, which Kaitlyn loved. She certainly LOVES playing in the sand and the cool water didn't seem to bother her much. And we ate at the original Margaritaville in Key West....yummy! Overall, a very fun and relaxing trip!
Kaitlyn has been...well...extremely THREE lately. Tantrums ensue quickly when she doesn't get her way...especially when Daddy is around...which makes me think she has him wrapped around her finger! Other than the occasional tantrum though, she is a pretty darn good kid. I can't wait til spring so we can play outside a lot more...while we've had a busy winter, I think we're ALL sick of being inside! We do have an exciting even coming up in a month...Sesame Street Live is coming to Toledo so we're going again. Even though she's not as into Elmo now as she was last year, I know she'll still love it.
Ok, as always, I'm going to try to do a better job keeping up the blog! Ha!
Friday, February 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment