Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Summer Happens!

8/23/11:
We've REALLY been enjoying summer...hence the non-posting for the last two months! We've been to Cedar Point about 4 times and to Kings Island twice...and we usually camp when we go to Cedar Point. Kaitlyn rode her first "big kid" coaster at Kings Island...the Woodstock Express. It's quite a bit bigger than the one at Cedar Point and she LOVED it! I even video'd while we were riding it so we can enjoy it at home often. Ha! We've also made several trips to the zoo this summer and found a new waterpark to enjoy in Maumee. And we just finished softball league and I finished my ultimate frisbee league too. So yeah...busy! This coming weekend we're camping in Sandusky and heading to CP again, but this time we're joining the Peanuts Gang for a Breakfast Buffet! Kaitlyn doesn't know about that yet...but she's going to love it!
Even though we've been on the go a bunch this summer, Kaitlyn is still finding time to color...a lot! She's getting much better about coloring in the lines and she loves using markers and colored pencils now. She's writing lots of letters and asking us how to spell some words. She wrote "I love you" a few days ago...of course she asked us how to spell it, but still! Melt my heart! She's also very into talking about patterns and mixing colors together to make other colors. Max & Ruby are still her favorite, but she also loves Team Umizoomi and Bubble Guppies. It's just amazing to me how much she loves learning...and she's so quick to pick up on things! She starts preschool in 2 weeks...I hope she does ok. She loves learning, but only on HER time...so hopefully she'll cooperate for her teachers!
In other news...I FINALLY GOT A JOB!! This is only my second week, but so far it's amazing! The only NOT amazing thing is being away from Kaitlyn all day...I've basically been a stay at home mom for the last two years...and before that I worked from home...so I haven't really worked outside the home since having Kaitlyn...this is definitely a BIG change!

No comments: