For some reason, I feel like writing this TO Kaitlyn, instead of about her. So here we go! :o)
Dear Kaitlyn,
Last week you started preschool! You are 3 years, 9 months old and in the 3 year olds class at Monclova Christian Preschool. You go two days a week for two and a half hours and your teacher is Mrs. Hummel. So far, you LOVE it. Your first day we had a rough morning because you didn't want to get dressed or ready...but you finally did and then I bribed you with a piece of candy (GASP!) so you'd cooperate enough to take some "First day of preschool" pictures. You warmed up after a few pictures and looked so cute with your Princess backpack on! On your first day you wore a cute, pink, pleated skirt with a cream kitty shirt...and your sparkly Hello Kitty shoes...you are the definition of ADORABLE!! Mommy and Daddy both took you to your first day of school and you were so big and mature! You hung up your coat and backpack and washed your hands. Then you found your Playdoh and got busy playing. I gave you a kiss and hug good-bye and told you to "Have a fun day at preschool" to which you said "Ok Mom, you have a fun day too!" When did you become so grown up?! Aunt Ruth picked you up in the afternoon and she told me the first thing you said was "We didn't paint at preschool!" Ha! You were sooooo looking forward to painting...you will, don't worry! You did tell me that you had goldfish and juice for a snack and that you got to "walk on the blue line in the gym." I know you had a great first day and I'm so proud of you for being such a big girl!
You've had two other preschool days since then and each time you tell me more about your day. Yesterday I asked you about your snack and you said "I had green applesauce...it tasted a little funny, but I really really liked it!" You're such a little ham! Tomorrow is "yellow day" and we have your yellow shirt all picked out. On Thursday's Mommy has to work early so Daddy takes you...it breaks my heart not being able to take you and pick you up every day. But I know you're in good hands. I take you every Tuesday though...and I love seeing you so grown up, yet so little. You're so smart and funny and sweet. I can't believe you're almost 4 years old already.
So Kaitlyn, I hope you enjoy your first year of preschool. I know you will love it and do really well. I hope you learn a lot and become more independent and mature. And I hope you make a few good friends
No comments:
Post a Comment