Friday, October 25, 2013

Why I Love My Kiddo's

Things have been a bit rough around our house lately...not like super awful or anything, but just challenging as a parent. Some days Wayne and I feel like all we do is yell at Kaitlyn and Aundrea...and it sucks. Not listening has become a pretty big issue lately and it's emotionally draining....repeat, repeat, repeat...yell, yell, yell...timeout...take away things...spankings. Blah. Not fun at all. BUT we love them even on the challenging days and here is why. :o)

Aundrea's middle name should be Spunk because she is seriously full of it. The kid bounces and wiggles and yells all day long...and then she CRASHES at bedtime. :o)  She goes through every day with so much excitement and enthusiasm...I sometimes wish I could go through life like that, where even the smallest of things is so exciting. I love the way her voice gets REALLY high and squeaky when she's really excited about something. I love her fierce determination...if she wants something, she will get it no matter what she has to stand on, climb over or squeeze into. Her independence is insane for a 5 year old (this is probably more of a love/hate relationship, ha!) and there's no telling what she will do if left alone for too long. I know that will come in handy later in life though. I love her fearless attitude...the girl will try just about anything.

Kaitlyn is my little sweetheart. I love how tender-hearted she is and how she cares about other peoples feelings. I love that when I leave for work she says "I'll make you some pretty pictures today." She displays so much love for her stuffed animals and cares for them as we do for her. She is going to make a super mommy some day. Her love for learning is crazy...the girl would sit at the table and do 'school papers' all day long if we let her. She has always loved books, drawing and writing and I can already see how much that's paying off in school...she's a little smarty-pants. I love the tentative, cautious side of her...she wants to be sure she knows she can do something before she'll do it...nothing wrong with that. :o)  I love the excitement she possesses when she gets the courage up to try something new and then does it. Watching her learn new skills at gymnastics is amazing...I love the thumbs up and the gigantic smile she gives me through the window. I love the way she snuggles me on the couch when we watch movies and wants her back scratched...just like me and my mommy.

See? Our kids are loveable! They are growing up so fast and I know I will regret not spending more time with them when they're grown...trying to keep reminding myself of that now when all I want to do at the end of the day is rush them into bed. College is only a very short 12 years away. Sigh.

No comments: