Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Funny coversations with Kaitlyn...

Over the last 26 months Kaitlyn has taught me a lot...how to care for an infant, how to baby-proof for a toddler and, most recently, how darn smart two year olds are! I know I say this all the time, but I honestly can not believe how much she knows! Sure, my point of view is SLIGHTLY biased because I'm the proud Mommy...and of course, all of us Mommy's think OUR kid is amazing...but seriously...SHE IS AMAZING!! I love Kaitlyn so much and she is such a joy...it makes me smile just watching her play...and every time she says something it makes me giggle a little bit because she so darn cute, I can't contain myself! Ok, sorry...enough with the mushyness...let me tell you about the cute & funny things that happened today!

This morning Kaitlyn was playing with her night light (plugged in) in her room. I said "Kaitlyn, don't touch your night light"...next thing I know she's holding Elmo up to the night light and says "Elmo touch night light now." Uh huh...learning to manipulate a little, huh?

At lunch time with Aunt Ruth, Kaitlyn asked for juice to drink and Aunt Ruth said "No, we need to have milk for lunch because you had juice for breakfast"...to which Kaitlyn replies "Mommy gives me juice!" Which is true...I do usually give her milk with breakfast and juice with lunch...but still...geesh...again, with the manipulating!

This afternoon we went to the library and picked out some new books. One of them had bunnies on the front cover and one of them had a blue paw print. Some history: Kaitlyn is a fan of the show Blue's Clue's and in the show they look for 3 'clues' to solve what ever that days mystery is...and the clue's are blue paw prints. So, Kaitlyn see's the bunny's blue paw print and yells "A clue, a clue!" which is what the kids on the show yell when they see a clue! She thought it was a clue from the show!

Oh and another notable moment from yesterday! I was reading over Kaitlyn's paper from church Monday evening (we had not looked at it since church Sunday) and I started to read her Bible verse out loud. I said "God's word is..." and Kaitlyn finished it for me and said "true!" AND did the sign language for 'true'! I can't believe she remembered that from church the previous day!

So, there are some fun things from the last couple of days...I have to get better at writing some of this down...I'll be in trouble if I ever lose this blog because there is more on here (by far) than in her baby book!

No comments: