Yup...we have entered the "Kaitlyn do it" and "I do it by myself" phase...oh boy. You'd think this would be good...she's gaining independence, doing more things herself which equals less work for Mommy, etc...yet, so far, it's nothing but a big pain! LOL! Usually, this is how it goes:
Mommy: Do you want to take your gym shoes off, Kaitlyn?
Kaitlyn: Yes...Kaitlyn do it! (Pushes Mommy away b/c she doesn't 'need' help)
Mommy: (Waits somewhat patiently)
Kaitlyn: (Struggles with shoe) Whine...fuss...whine...fuss...scream...flails arms...kicks legs...commence full blown tantrum.
Mommy: Let me help you. (Mommy takes off shoe for her)
Kaitlyn: No no!!! Kaitlyn do it!!! (Screaming and tantrum continue...and continue...and continue!)
So yeah...if I help...it's a tantrum...if I don't...it's a tantrum...what's a Mommy to do?! I really need to find one of those little dolls that has all the different "get dressed" things on it...buttons, zippers, snaps, etc...that'd help with a lot of this, not to mention it'd help her go to the potty on her own. In other Kaitlyn news, it's really fun watching her play! She's really pretending a lot...she loves her doll house and princess castle. And she loves having tea parties...she sets all her bears at her little table and serves them all tea...or, actually she sometimes says they are having coffee, which is funny since we don't even drink coffee! Ha!
In other news...drum roll please.........I PASSED MY REAL ESTATE EXAM!! YAY!! So now I am officially a licensed realtor in the state of Ohio!! So...if ya know anyone looking to buy or sell a home...send them my way please!!
Friday, February 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I guess a "welcome to the terrible twos" party is in order for both of us!!
And congrats again!!
Post a Comment