Friday, March 5, 2010

Easter Bunnies!

Ha! I changed the blog layout again...aren't these Easter Bunnies so stinking cute?! It just dawned on me that Easter is only one month away...and Kaitlyn doesn't have a dress yet! What?! I always have her clothes bought ahead of time...as in, a YEAR ahead of time! But I didn't find an Easter dress for her last spring, so I better get to shopping! We did, however, get her flower girl dress last week for Ang's wedding...it's in August. The dress is amazing...a pretty peach/pink color and is gorgeous! The best part is that it was super cheap so now I can justify splurging a bit on Kaitlyn's Easter dress! :o)

This week has mainly consisted of catching up from last weeks vacation. We came home to a disaster of a house, mounds of laundry and a crabby, clingy two year old...kind of makes ya think twice about taking a weeks long vacation! I think it took us all week long just to catch up on laundry...we're still catching up on housework and Kaitlyn is starting to come around...a little bit. I think she got her way a little too much last week while we were gone and now doesn't want to be told "no" for anything...thus lots and lots of tantrums...oh the joy! We did take her to Sesame Street Live the Sunday we got back from vacation and she loved it. She sat on my lap for most of the show, then sat on Grandma's lap for a little while too...she just watched the stage the whole time...I couldn't believe it! I thought for sure she'd be whining to get down and walk around, but she happily stayed glued to the characters on stage from our laps! Phew! She'd clap and say "Yay Elmo" or "Yay Cookie Monster" after they sang...but when any given character left the stage she'd yell out "Elmo, where are you?" So cute! Kaitlyn's buddy Gavin and his little sister Abby joined in the fun and they liked it too. We even went out for pizza afterwards...but Kaitlyn wasn't too thrilled about that...she had been sitting for way too long by then and wanted nothing to do with the high chair. Ah well...ya win some, ya lose some!

She continues to amaze us with all the new things she's picking up on. She's very into 'getting ready' in the morning...she wants to brush her teeth with us, brush her hair, brush her bears hair, etc...this morning she kept saying "Teddy bear is sooooo pretty!" LOL! She's also become a maniac about wearing her "lips"...AKA chapstick. She always wants to "help" us too...unload the dishwasher, change the laundry from the washer to the dryer, vacuum, etc...it's cute...and she really is helpful sometimes...but sometimes, not so much!

Tomorrow we are hoping to make it to the zoo, for the first time since seeing the Christmas lights. It's going to be spring-like temps this week and we're anxious to get back outside! Yay spring!

No comments: