Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Springy Weather!

It's been so nice out these last few days! The best part is that Aunt Ruth is on vacation, so I've been staying home with Kaitlyn and have been able to get outside and enjoy this nice weather! Yesterday, we made our first trip this season to the playground and Kaitlyn had a blast. It was weird to see the difference in her on the playground now vs. four months ago when we were there last...naming everything in the sky, sounds she hears, etc. and "Push me higher please" (on the swings) comes out so much more clear than it did back in the fall! We've been playing in our front yard a lot this week too...she loves kicking her ball around and chasing it...especially when Daddy plays keep away with her! She chases him around and is all giggles the entire time! We even got to play with Violet, or neighbor friend who is about 6 weeks younger than Kaitlyn...they had a blast!

Monday we tried storytime at one of our bookstores...yeah...that didn't go so well! I really thought she'd do fine because she'll sit on my lap and read books with me for an hour at home! But, in a new store with lots to explore, forget it! She didn't want to sit and listen to the book...she just wanted to go up on the little stage with the teacher! So, she played with the toy trains there instead and we left early with only a few small meltdowns...not too bad, right? Yeah...until I tried buckling her in the carseat...holy terrible two's!!!!!!! It was the meltdown of the century! I literally had to push her into the seat, put my weight against her and force her in! Gah! I'm sure if anyone was in the parking lot hearing her screaming, they would have been dialing Child Protective Services (or whatever) right away!

So Kaitlyn has known the difference between hot and cold for a while...so now we're trying to get her to understand warm...well, today when we were outside I asked her "Kaitlyn, are you hot or cold?" and she says "nuffin" (nothing)...ha ha! She's been saying some funny stuff lately, but I can never remember it when I blog! Anyways, we're taking her to Chuckee Cheese tomorrow with some friends...her 1st trip to any place like that, so that'll be fun! And I put some new pics on Shutterfly of Kaitlyn...but not vacation yet!

No comments: