Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Adventures of Wayne & Lori...

...is what I should rename this blog! Tonight our dog Summer got loose. We let her and Autumn out around 7:45 and when I let them in around 8:30 only Autumn came in...Summer was nowhere to be found. Of course, Kaitlyn was in bed so I couldn't really leave the house, but I called around outside for her while Wayne drove around the area...no luck. I ended up calling the police station to let them know and they said she had already been turned in...phew! So we had to go to the police station tonight and break our dog out of doggy jail! The worse part is that she STUNK SO BAD! Oh my word...apparently she found some fish and manure during her little adventure...she was one stinky dog when we picked her up. Obviously, she got a bath immediately tonight! P-eeeeew!

Kaitlyn has been a trip, as usual. Tonight Wayne and I were driving around and Kaitlyn was getting bored...not sure what made me think of it but I said "I pitty da fool" just like Mr. T and of course she repeated it and we all busted up laughing! Naturally, that made her keep repeating it! She continues to surprise us with how smart she is! It's just amazing to me how much an almost 2.5 year old knows! Just a few months ago she was counting to 10 and then 20...well, now she "gets" the concept and can count all the way to 50!! Except she almost always skips the number 13 and she has trouble going from one set of numbers to the next...for example after twenty-nine she says "twenty-ten" instead of thirty...which is so cute, but I guess we should teach her the right way! She's still working on knowing letter sounds...she knows a lot of them, but not all yet. She's very into playing Candy Land and I Spy (which comes out "I fiii") and she's more into coloring now too...she's been drawling happy faces for a while, but now she draws hair on them and sometimes ears too! It's fun to have a 'real' picture instead of scribbles. She's even doing a lot better at trying to color in the lines in her coloring books too! Her imagination is really starting to come out too...she pretends to take Elmo to her "inside park" and he rides the swings, goes down the slide, etc. It's like she's grown up a ton in the last few months...hard to believe she's almost 2.5 already!

We haven't been able to play outside much at all lately because of rain and chilly temps, but this weekend should be better. We're going to Gavin's house for a cookout, so that'll be fun! And Saturday I get to join a couple girlfriends for pedicures!!! Yippee!! I think the only time I've done that is before our wedding...nearly 7 years ago...so yeah, I think I'm due! ;o)

No comments: