Friday, May 28, 2010

History of the Little Pink Car...

A couple of days ago I was pushing Kaitlyn around our neighborhood in her little pink car. We stopped to talk to one of our neighbors, who said something like "Wow, she's getting big...it won't be long 'til she doesn't fit in her little car anymore!" And I thought to myself "OH NO! We LOVE this little pink car! What will we do when she's too big for it?! It's been part of our summer lives since Kaitlyn was 6 months old! I don't want to retire little pink car!" So, I thought it'd be fun to take a stroll down memory lane and see how Kaitlyn (and her little pink car) have changed in the last 3 summers!

Season #1: Kaitlyn was 6 months old when Daddy picked out her little pink car, complete with "Daddy's Girl" license plate in the back. Obviously, she is VERY excited about her new ride here! Notice how nice and clean the little pink car is.



Season #2: Our little girl is 18 months old in this picture. She seems quite a bit taller and not so baby-like. Little pink car is starting to look broken in as graham cracker crumbs fall onto it's floor. This is also the year that items started getting stored in little pink car's trunk...mostly rocks from our neighbors yards this season.


Season #3: Kaitlyn is currently 2.5 years old and looks like a KID in the car now. I'm not sure if she'll fit in it next year or not. Little pink car has been loved very much and has taken a beaten. It's sticker decals are peeling off and it's covered in chalk dust, as sidewalk chalk is among the many items stored in it's trunk now.


So, here's our salute to you, little pink car! Mommy and Kaitlyn (and sometimes Daddy) have walked LOTS of miles with you. Little pink car has been the subject of many bribes like "As soon as you finish your dinner we'll go for a walk in your little pink car" and "After you take a nap we'll get little pink car out to play"...what ever will we do once Kaitlyn outgrows little pink car?! I guess time will tell...but for now we're going to enjoy the summer with it once again!

No comments: