Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Pictures & Tidbits!

It seems like I haven't posted any pictures in a while, so here you go! We've been busy the last few weeks!

Playing on the playground near Grandma M's house...always a smile on her face when we're outside! She is definitely a warm weather girl!

"Get ready...get set...go! Weee!" Is it me or do her legs look incredibly long here?!

You'll never believe this...Kaitlyn went up to play in her room, it got quiet so I went to check on her and this is what I found...she crawled into bed to take a nap and we didn't even tell her to! AND she kept her undies dry! Sometimes it's just too easy...other times, not so much!

Walking on the balance beam at Gym & Juice at the YMCA...sign this girl up for gymnastics class...she's ready!

See what I mean? She's a little monkey gymnast! She loved these rings so much we're pretty sure we're going to get her some for her swingset! Look for Kaitlyn in the 2022 Olympics! Ha ha!

In other news, she's still doing great in her big girl bed and she's back to doing well with pottying too. For a while there she was having more accidents than usual...I think it was because I was trying to make her do more of the "potty process" on her own without my help...SHE was pulling down her pants, getting her stool near the potty, getting on/off, washing her hands, etc all on her own. She CAN do it on her own...sometimes she just isn't fast enough to make it in time! So I'm back to helping her a bit so we don't have as many accidents and she seems fine with that, so I am too. And instead of telling us "Potty Mommy!" when she has to go, now she says "I have to go potty Mommy!" which is so weird! It's been "Potty Mommy!" for so long it's strange to hear the lingo change! Ha! She's been saying "I have to..." a lot lately...a few days ago she told me "I have to go for a walk outside now Mommy...I have to count sew-uhs (sewers)!" Ha ha! The girl is obsessed with finding all the sewer/man-hole covers in our neighborhood. I have no idea why that's so exciting, but apparently it is! She's also VERY into pointing out water towers when we're driving around town, so perhaps she'll be a water supervisor some day?
On a not so good note, we got a call today from Babies R Us saying that Kaitlyn's crib has been recalled...so that STINKS! Hers is a 4 in 1 convertible that goes from crib to toddler bed to day bed to full size bed...so we planned on using it forever. The issue is with the railings under the crib/toddler matress, so once it's a full size bed it's fine...but we hadn't planned on turning it into a full for a while, not to mention we may use the crib if there were ever a baby #2 in our future. So we have to find out exactly what to do. Blah!
That's the update for now. I REALLY need to upload some pictures to Shutterfly soon!














No comments: