Saturday, October 9, 2010

New Motivation...for this blog!

A few days ago a couple of things occured to me... 1) I have been slacking on this blog big-time the last several months. 2) For the last few years, this blog has been more of a baby book for Kaitlyn than anything else. 3) If this blog site crashes or disappears into cyber-space, I will lose LOTS of important tidbits and be CRUSHED! So with these recent findings, I began thinking about how I could get all my blog posts saved on something "more official"...and by that I mean PAPER...I am SO NOT a computer person. So the last couple days I've started copying and pasting each and every blog post I've written into a Word document...with hope that some day I can have it all printed...Kaitlyn is going to have the BIGGEST baby book on record, I'm sure of it. So far I'm only through the first year of the blog (March - December 2008) and there are well over 100 pages to be printed! Yeah...I think I'll check into having them printed at Office Max or something because that would eat through our printer ink WAY too fast! Since realizing that this has quickly become Kaitlyn's "Baby Book" I've also realized that I really should be keeping better track of all her funny kid-isms, likes, dislikes, milestones, etc. The first year was easy because everything she did was a MAJOR milestone...rolling over, sitting up, crawling, first words, first steps, etc. Now that she's older, it's a little harder to decide what is "Baby Book worthy"...because really, if I wrote down every funny thing she said throughout the day, I'd have another 100 pages to print off in no time! So, I'm going to try to do a better job of noting her funny sayings, accomplishments, etc...all so that there is more reading to enjoy later when she's all grown up!

Today we went to the Fall Festival at Hoen's Greenhouse and had a blast! Hay rides, bouncy houses, bean bag toss games, donuts and friends...such a great day! As we were walking back to our car at the end of the day, Kaitlyn says "Mommy, I want a nap"...she NEVER asks to take a nap, so she really must have been tired! She zonked out in the car for about 10 minutes, then woke up once we got home...I took her up to bed for a "real" nap and, get this, she "didn't WANT to nap!" Oh, the irony!!

By the way, I've added a bunch of pictures to Shutterfly recently too! Enjoy!

No comments: