What a fun time of year...as Kaitlyn's getting older, we're having more and more fun with each holiday! Last week Kaitlyn and I attended Boo at the Zoo, where we got to trick or treat around the Toledo Zoo...just a small event, but very fun and they had bouncy houses too, so Kaitlyn had a blast. Then last night we hosted a Halloween party at our house with lots of friends, lots of food and lots of costumes! Wayne had fun decorating the basement, making it into a haunted house...he did a really good job! All our friends were impressed, I think! And tomorrow we're going to my Mom's Group's Halloween Party and then trick or treat in the evening! Kaitlyn is getting good use out of her Elmo costume!
Last weekend Kaitlyn and I visited Grandma M in Dayton. What a fun trip! We literally shopped 'til we dropped...I got Kaitlyn's birthday party supplies, party favors, a few birthday/Christmas gifts, decorations for her new room...it was a very productive and fun trip! We got to visit Grandpa R and for once, Kaitlyn was in a good mood! It seems like every time we visit him, Kaitlyn needs a nap or is cranky or shy or whatever, so she isn't thrilled about visiting with him. But this time she put on a good "show" for Grandpa, so that was nice!
Here are a few cute Kaitlyn-isms from our week:
While we were watching It's a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, Sally was letting Linus have it, saying mean things to him, calling him names, etc. So Kaitlyn says "She is not being nice to him!" Ha ha, it was cute that she recognized that and pointed it out. Let's just hope she remembers that next time she needs to share one of her toys!
I heard Kaitlyn say "Mighty math power!!" very enthusiastically and asked her "What does that mean?" and she said "Team Oomi Zoomi says that!" Ha ha...that's some show she watches on TV that focuses on counting, patterns, etc...it was just cute how she said it!
Yesterday I was cleaning our bathroom and Kaitlyn walked in and said "Thanks Mommy" and I said "Thanks for what?" and she said "Thanks for cleaning the bathroom" and I said "You're welcome! Thank you for thanking me" and then she said "I am so proud of you Mommy!" Ha ha! It's nice to be appreciated!
I also heard this said from the bathroom earlier in the week: "Mommy, I dropped my duck in the toilet!" Definitely not something you want to hear! Thankfully, it happened pre-potty! ;o)
The best thing this week though, has been that Kaitlyn has been giving us UN-PROMPTED "I love you too, Mommy/Daddy"...especially at bedtime...LOVE that!!
Saturday, October 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment