Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Ooooops!

So much for my goal of posting more often, eh?! How did 2 weeks slip by already?! This IS a busy time of year for us...last Friday we went to the Wild Safari Animal Park and Kaitlyn LOVED it! It's a 'drive around a loop in your car' kind of place where lots of safari animals come up to the car and munch on carrots right out of your hand. I thought Kaitlyn would be a little shy about it but she was feeding the animals just like we were and giggling at them. After the Safari we headed to Train O Rama and that was pretty cool too...lots of model trains to look at, which has Wayne back on a "train kick".

Not much new in the way of "Kaitlyn tricks"...she's just talking all the time, making more complete and clear sentences. She now knows most of the main colors in Spanish...red, green, blue, purple, white, black...she usually gets those correct but still doesn't know yellow, orange, pink or brown. It's kind of fun teaching her these because I'm having to learn them too...three years of french in high school and I don't remember a thing...so now I'll learn Spanish with Kaitlyn I guess! She's been very interested in the days of the week too...lately she asks me several times a day "What is it today, Mommy?" meaning what day of the week is it...she doesn't know all the days of the week yet, but we're working on that one. We discovered she can now hop on one foot...I have no idea how long she's been able to do this, but it was part of a song we were listening to the other day and she had no problem doing it! Cool! She's also hit a not-so-fun part of growing up...her head is right at the height of our kitchen countertops and she keeps running into them...she's actually a few inches taller than the counter, but she keeps walking into it and hitting her forehead...ouch!

This weekend Kaitlyn and I are headed to Grandma M's for another girls weekend...yay! I'm hoping to pick up some birthday party supplies for a very special little girls 3rd birthday!! I can't believe it's only a month away!

No comments: