Friday, November 19, 2010

Kaitlyn's 1st Dental Visit!

Monday we took Kaitlyn to the dentist for the very first time and she did great! I was very impressed with the pediatric dentist we chose...they greeted HER by name the second we walked in the door and even complimented her on her cute pigtails...she thought that was wonderful! Then in the waiting room they had a gigantic game of Candyland set up...another point in the 'like' column for her! As soon as she sat down in the dentist chair, they let her get acclimated with all the dental 'tools' by playing with them a bit. First they counted her fingers, then counted her teeth. Then they scraped them a little, brushed them with the "twirling ballerina" thing and even gave her a fluoride treatment. They also showed me how we should be brushing and flossing her teeth. She started getting a little antsy toward the end, but they were very good about hurrying up a little when they could tell she wasn't interested any longer. The dentist said everything looks great so far! I'm so relieved she did so well!

Well, night time potty training is a no go for now. After a little over a week in undies/training pants at night, she was still wet quite often. I decided she probably isn't quite ready yet and that it wasn't worth it to keep waking her up to potty every night/morning. So, she's back in pull ups for now, but we'll give it another go in a few months again. Oddly enough, she did wake up on her own around 12:30 in the morning last night and she yelled "Mommy...I have to go potty!" from her bedroom. I yelled back "So go then!" from my cozy warm bed! Ha! She said she wanted help though...darn! So I wonder if she did learn a little from our previous efforts.

Today starts our busy week of chaos! I started baking Kaitlyn's birthday cake today...it feels like I literally baked ALL DAY! Tomorrow I'll frost and decorate so that it's done in plenty of time before Kaitlyn's birthday party Sunday. I sure hope she likes this cake because it's certainly taking up a lot of time! I'm so excited for her 3rd birthday party...our house is going to be filled with so many friends and family who love her so much! Every year with her gets better and better!

No comments: