Monday, November 8, 2010

Potty Training Update!

Well, today is our 5th night of potty training. I've been putting Kaitlyn to bed around 8:30 and obviously having her potty just before bed. Then I wake her up around 11:30 (before we go to bed) to go potty and she's always been dry. She goes potty and then goes right back to sleep...I'm actually not sure she's fully awake when I get her up because she falls back to sleep the second she gets back into bed! Then, she usually stays dry between 11:30 potty break and when I wake her up around 7:30 in the morning...which leads me to believe that she CAN do this! The accidents happen when I DON'T wake her up...if she wakes up on her own she pee's in her undies as soon as she wakes. It's an awful habit...even during naptime she wakes up wet if she wakes on her own...even though she only sleeps for 90 minutes! Now come on, if she can hold it for 8 hours at night, she can certainly hold it for 90 minutes during naptime! She's just used to peeing in her bed I think! So somehow I have to figure out how to make her remember that she has to GET UP and GO TO THE BATHROOM on her own when she wakes up! She's wearing undies with plastic training pants over them now...I wonder if I should get rid of the training pants so she really feels the wetness...kind of like we did with day time training...having the accident helps them realize how icky it is to be wet???? Someone needs to write a book on how to do this...one that actually works! ;o)

Yesterday we got to attend Gavin & Abby's birthday parties! It felt weird celebrating Gavin's birthday already (his actual birthday is not til December) since we haven't had Kaitlyn's party yet, but it was really fun! Now Kaitlyn's party planning is in full swing! Most of her birthday gifts are bought and most of the party supplies are bought...so it's mostly putting everything together at the last minute and making lots of food! But now I'm really excited for her birthday and party. Since her birthday is mid-week, we've had to hold her party on a different day, but still want her actual birthday to be special. Last year Kaitlyn and I went to Build A Bear and she picked out a teddy bear...I think that may be a new tradition because she had a great time and so did I.

No comments: