Friday, November 5, 2010

Potty Training Part 2...Overnight...

Kaitlyn has been potty trained for over a year now, but only during the day...she still wears a pull up at night time. So, I thought we'd give night time training a go and see what happens. Part of me doesn't think she's ready...I'm not convinced she's physically capable of holding it the 11ish hours she sleeps. Yet part of me thinks that she did so well with day time training that maybe we'll get lucky on over night training too. Part of me wonders if she just depends on her pull up because it's there...my hope is that if the pull up isn't there and she's in undies instead, it'll force her to get up and go potty in the bathroom. So here we go...round 2 of potty training. UGH! Last night was her first time wearing undies to bed over night. She went potty right before bed at 8:30 and then I woke her up at 10:15 to go and she did fine going right back to sleep. I was hoping to wake her up in the morning but she woke up at 3:45 and came into our room with with undies. So I changed her sheets, her jammies and put her back to bed. Stupidly (and lazily...is that a word?) I didn't set our alarm clock for the morning so I didn't wake up until 8am...I went in her room and she was already sitting up...and had already pottied in her undies. Darn! I planned on waking her to potty before we went to bed and first thing in the morning...I didn't think that she'd potty in the middle of the night though...so that really makes me think she may not be physically ready. But we're not giving up just yet. I'm hoping to try it for 5 nights and if she's wet every night then we'll go back to pull ups and try again in a few months. But if she starts waking up on her own to potty or starts staying dry, then we'll keep going. I'll sure be glad when this is all over and we don't have to buy pull ups anymore!

We had a great Halloween. Kaitlyn did a great job trick or treating...she'd walk up to each house and SHOUT "Trickkk orrr Treeeeat!" very enthusiastically...and then she'd say "Thank you" after getting the goods. Several people commented on how excited she was when yelling "Trick or Treat"...it was really cute!

Notables for the week:

This morning Kaitlyn decided to pack her own lunch. In her lunch box she put a jar of peanut butter, a loaf of bread (then took that out because it didn't fit well), 8 little boxes of raisins, applesauce, a bag of cranberries, a bag of chocolate chips and a can of tuna fish! Clearly, she has my nutrition-sense because that was a pretty well-rounded meal for coming out of the pantry!

Kaitlyn and I were talking about Wayne's birthday coming up and about what to get for him and she said we should "Get Daddy party hats for his birthday!"

She's been playing 'mommy' quite a bit lately too. I can't remember if I wrote about this in my last post or not, but one day she kept putting her duck in timeout for various reasons...for screaming, for not listening, for not going to market (??), for not holding her hand...after that he had to sit in the shopping cart, she said!

No comments: