I can't believe it's been over a week since I last posted...that's awful! In my defense, it has been pretty busy around here! Grandpa & Grandma M left last Monday...we worked for a few days and before we knew it the weekend was upon us again! Grandma M came to visit New Years Eve...she got there just in time to watch Kaitlyn while we went out to a concert at our church. It was ok...a group new to us, so we didn't know many of the songs...but they were pretty good. We called it an early night and just hung out at home the rest of the evening...but it was still nice to have a night out as grownups! Thanks to Grandma M for babysitting...we really had to twist her arm, you know? Ha! On New Years Day we celebrated our 4th and final Christmas! Kaitlyn was thrilled to open more presents...she got a little pony on a stick to gallop around the house! It's too cute! Sometimes she runs around with hit slapping herself on her bottom! Ha! The rest of our weekend was full of shopping (as usual) and I got a few nice things to wear when I start my new career. And I FINALLY found a Christmas dress for Kaitlyn for next year...it's gorgeous! Today we got our tree and other Christmas decorations down...it's so nice to have the house back to normal without all the extra Christmas decor clutter!
Celebrating Christmas...again...check out the pigtails!

This weekend also included taking Kaitlyn to get her first haircut...finally! I'm sure I was more excited than I should have been, but I have waited a very long time for her to have hair! Just this week I put pigtails in her hair for the first time and they look oh so cute! Anyways, her haircut consisted only of a little trim...just to even things up and help it look a little more full. I actually don't think it looks too much different...just a little cleaner maybe. She did pretty well once we got her into the seat...she sat in a little green car and got to watch an episode of Sesame Street. The lady was lightening fast cutting her hair so it was over before we knew it. I took a few pictures and got a couple locks of hair for her baby/scrapbooks too!
BEFORE the haircut...that funny face is courtesy of the squirt bottle of water!
AFTER the haircut...nice and cleaned up...so cute!

In Kaitlyn news...what can I say...she is TWO...and sometimes that's TERRIBLE! Really, she's not THAT bad...but boy, is it a change from the sweet little easy going baby she's always been! We are now dealing with temper tantrums because she doesn't want to put her coat or hat on, or because she wants a hairbow in her hair, so I put a bow in her hair, then she takes it out! We just can't seem to win lately! We're also going through an anti-nap battle...some days she'll take a normal nap in her crib for an hour or two (Those days are great!)...but other days she'll fall asleep in the car for 10 minutes and think that's enough for the day...or she won't fall asleep at all! USUALLY (But definitely not always!) she's ok when she doesn't nap much...which leads me to believe she may be trying to give up her naps (Even though I REALLY hope not!). So for now, we put her down as usual and if she doesn't fall asleep, at least she (And us!) get a little quiet time to ourselves. On a more fun note, she is singing a lot more songs which is super cute...Aunt Ruth taught her "Jesus Loves Me"...one of these days she'll actually sing it for her Sunday School teachers and impress them! Ha! Well, I think that's about it...hope everyone has a fantastic new year!
No comments:
Post a Comment