Friday, January 29, 2010

"Seven!" & Random Cute Sayings!

So yesterday morning Kaitlyn and I were watching Sesame Street...well it came time to review the letter and number of the day. Now that she recognizes most of her letters, it's fun to yell out whatever the letter of the day happens to be...so they show the letter 'S' and she says "S"...then they show the number '7' and she shouts "seven!" What?! When did she learn to recognize numbers?! That caught me so off guard, I think my jaw fell open and stayed that way for the next 10 minutes...so apparently, we're going to work on learning numbers now too! Every day it's something new...I love it...I had no idea how smart two year olds were! While I'm thinking of it, I better record some other cute moments this week too. If Kaitlyn has a potty accident, she always says "Uh oh" and then I say (in my non-scolding, yet disappointed voice) "Oh honey...what happened?" So now, if she has an accident, she says "Uh oh" followed by "Oh honey"...and she says it with the same disappointed tone in her voice as I do...I try so hard not to laugh because having a potty accident is not something to laugh about...but it is so funny, I can't help it! She also told Daddy "I love you honey" the other day as he was leaving for work! The kid cracks me up! Yesterday evening we were driving in the car and the moon was out already...it was a pretty full moon...so Kaitlyn noticed the 'man in the moon face' and says "Moon have a happy face" which I thought was pretty perceptive...then she says "Silly happy face" ha ha! Silly girl!

Well, among all the cuteness, we have been having some not-so-fun issues too...bedtime. Yes, that's right...our easy sleep through the night baby has turned into a bedtime monster all the sudden. I do not like this at all. The last week and a half or so she has been waking up in the middle of the night...say, 2am...crying and screaming...so we (ha, let's be real here...not we...I) go check on her. She's always fine...not poopy, not sick, etc...it seems that she just misses us and wants to snuggle...which I'm more than willing to accomodate extra snuggly-ness during the DAY time...but not so much at 2am. So I snuggle her for a few minutes and lay her back down...sometimes that works...but sometimes, she pops right back up and starts screaming again. What's a mommy to do?! We finally decided that we're going to have to let her cry it out (within reason)...and most of the time that works. Usually, she'll cry for 10 minutes or so and then zonk out for the rest of the night. But still...she is 2 years old, we've never really had to make her cry it out and I don't like it one bit. BUT...are there really any other options? She IS NOT going to sleep in our bed...nor am I going to sleep with her in her room...or on the couch...so we're stumped. For now, this is working...I just hope my happy to sleep at night little girl returns soon!

No new pics...we haven't done anything exciting enough to be worthy of pictures lately! Ha! Hopefully soon! ;o)

No comments: