Friday, January 8, 2010

Welcome to the TERRIBLE TWO'S!

Holy cow! They aren't kidding when they call them "The Terrible Two's" are they?! Geeesh! I feel like recently someone kidnapped my sweet, easy going little baby and replaced her with a high strung, whiney, temper tantrum-throwing two year old! Who knew it was such a big deal which color of bath paint to use, which hairbow to wear or that she wanted to wear a dress instead of a shirt & pants! Talk about high maintenance! Ha ha! I know I know...she's paying us back for that first year of 'easyness'...but I thought she'd ease us into it gradually or something...heck no! She turned on the tantrum-switch all the way upon turning two years old! Someone please tell me it's over by the time she turns three! ;o)

So I haven't gotten a chance to talk about our New Years Resolutions yet. We have started the "Living it Out" series through church, where you read your Bible in a year...actually, we're just starting with the new testament. So that's something Wayne and I get to do together, usually before we go to sleep. Then once a week we meet up with a few of our friends and do a little Bible study at our place after Kaitlyn goes to bed. So far so good! Our other resolution is keeping up with housework better. One of my "mom friends" (LOL) follows a daily chore chart and she shared it with our mom's group, so now we're all on a big 'keep the house kept up better' kick! So far that's working pretty well too...I took her basic idea, but taylored it to our home/lives and each day we have a little list of items that need to be completed. It's so simple, yet why had I never thought of something like this?! DUH! So every day is dishes/wash laundry...then each day has a few other tasks...today is vacuum/sweep downstairs, clean 1/2 bathroom, dust downstairs...those things don't take very long really and our house will be much neater IF we stick with it!

This morning my friend Kristal came over with her two kids...Christian is about 19 months and Kourtney is 6 months. They all had a ball playing with all the toys! Kaitlyn and Christian kept chasing each other around the house and they liked tickling each others faces with these old pom poms I found! We even shared a yummy lunch together and they both ate their applesauce very well with their spoon! A fun morning!

In other Kaitlyn news...she is really enjoying the play room we made for her a few weeks ago. It's nice to have most of her toys down there, spread out and somewhat organized for her. She's been into playing with her PlayDoh lately...which is fun, but a big mess to clean up! Potty training has been going well...very few accidents (during awake time), however I'm starting to feel like I spend MOST of my days in the bathroom helping her go potty! Don't get me wrong...I'm so happy she's out of diapers and that she potty trained fairly easily (so far)...but I sure will be happy when she doesn't need help pulling her pants back up, wiping or washing her hands! Later today, we may take Kaitlyn outside to play in the snow...since we finally got a decent amount! Daddy bought a REAL sled (not the little baby kind like we had last year) so that'll be fun to try out! Stay tuned for pics!

No comments: