Monday, October 12, 2009

Fall Festival Weekend!

Wow, two fall festivals in one weekend! Saturday, Kaitlyn & I headed to Bittersweet Farms in Whitehouse. I had never been there before, but I saw some signs advertising it around town, so thought 'what the heck, we'll check it out'...it was pretty small and a little over-priced...but still a good time. Kaitlyn really enjoyed the hay maze...she did really well with it and almost made it through the entire thing on her own! But I had to help her at the very end or else we were going to miss the hayride! That was also very fun...she kept yelling "horsey horsey" and "neh neh neh" to the horses pulling our hay wagon!

Kaitlyn navigating the hay maze at Bittersweet Farms!

Sunday was another fun-filled day! First, our new Whitehouse campus of Cedar Creek opened, so that was very exciting! How nice it is to NOT have to drive a half hour to get to church! We like that we're now back with a smaller group of people at our church...and we feel more like we belong there now, especially since being part of building the new church (Ok, that was Wayne mostly, not me!). We put Kaitlyn in the two year olds room and she did great. Except I forgot to tell them at first that we are potty training, so I ran back mid-service to let them know...but she made it through the whole service without needing to potty! When we picked her up after the service, they said she did fine (with being young and not quite two yet) and the woman who was working was impressed that she did so well with the potty training at such a young age! Yay! So, I'm relieved she handled that new transition well!

After church it was time for our annual trip to the Apple Butter Festival in Grand Rapids...and as usual, it was packed! But we promised Kaitlyn horsey rides and by golly, we were going to deliver! As soon as we mentioned finding the pony rides she kept asking "horsey? horsey?" and once we got to them she got so excited! She was getting a tad impatient waiting for her turn...thankfully, we didn't have to wait very long. I put her on the horse and her face lit up like a Christmas tree as soon as we started moving! She loves those things! I think it may be her favorite activity that we've ever done! Then we had to hear about the "horsey's" for the rest of the afternoon! Ha ha! We also had to eat some yummy festival food...you name it, we probably ate it! So, all in all, a great weekend!

The horsey rides!! I think equestrian lessons may be in our future! Ha!

No comments: