Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Lot to Catch Up On!

What a busy week! Last Saturday we went to MacQueen's Apple Orchard for their apple fest...so of course we had to teach Kaitlyn to say "ap-ohl fest" which was cute. It was chilly at first...we even had to break out our winter coats and a hat for Kaitlyn...but we still had a great time picking apples. Gavin and his Mommy joined us and the kids were so cute trying to pull the apples off the tree! Those things do not pull off easily, you know! Kaitlyn told me she had to potty while we were there, so of course we rush off to the ONLY bathroom at the place and of course there is a line up! Luckily, the few families in front of us said we could go ahead of them...they had all been there before and knew how important it was to HURRY when with a newly potty trained (well, sort of...) toddler! So we made it in time and all was well! Phew!
Kaitlyn helping Daddy gather up the apples we picked!
Kaitlyn & Gavin coming out from under the apple tree...by the looks of her chubby cheeks, I'd say she was eating some apples under there!

Apple picking! It was cold!
Daddy, Kaitlyn & Mommy at MacQueen's Orchard!

I started real estate school on Monday...which is literally all day long! I have to leave so early in the morning that I don't get to see Kaitlyn because she's not up yet! I don't like that part at all! By lunch time I miss my little girl and can't wait to get home! :o( My classes are going well so far...there is a TON of information to learn though...lots of math formula's and lots of laws to learn...which really makes me wonder why anyone would want to be a lawyer...yuck! But some of it's pretty interesting...hopefully interesting enough that I remember it all! Ha!

Wayne has been swamped between work and working at the new church in Whitehouse...which opens this weekend! YAY! So we're excited about that! And we're going to put Kaitlyn in the TWO year olds room starting this weekend...oh my word, she's almost two! We just figured since we were switching buildings for church, we might as well just do one transition to a new kids room now, instead of put her in with the one year olds at the new building now and then have to switch her again in a few weeks. So hopefully she'll make the switch fine...I'm sure she will...I have seen all the fantastic toys they have over there!
What else?? Potty training is going great...we had a 5 day accident-free streak, til this evening...she had a little dribble in her undies (that I didn't see happen) that I found at bedtime tonight. I know she was tooting earlier and maybe a little potty escaped too? At any rate, we can't complain...she's doing so well with it...I am super happy that we can leave the house because she'll potty in public...best thing ever! :o) She's really being cute lately...like, especially cute...singing her version of the ABCs...which, I might add, is getting closer and closer to the "real" version! She does pretty well with A-I...sometimes J-K...and then she goes "ah ah ah ah P"...then random sounds 'til she gets to S, V, X and Z...she knows the melody (or tune?) but doesn't always say the correct letters...but it's cute either way!








No comments: