Thursday, October 1, 2009

Venturing out in undies!

Ha ha, Kaitlyn that is...and yes, we put pants over them! Kaitlyn has been doing really well with potty training, so I've been getting more and more gutsy about leaving the house with her in undies. Yesterday we played outside for quite a while (we have wind burn to prove it) and went to the grocery store...and she did great. She only had one accident yesterday...and that was because I left her in her high chair too long after her snack...and she pee'd in her high chair! Ick! I also felt confident enough to quit keeping track of everything...when she eats/drinks/pee's/poops, etc. We just played it by ear...er...potty. Ha ha!

Today was a major accomplishment! Kaitlyn pee'd on a public potty! Do you know what that means?!?! We can leave the house for longer than 45 minutes again! YAY!! I had to run to a friends house to pick up her Halloween costume and then to the Anderson's...well, by the time we got to Anderson's we had already been gone almost an hour. So as soon as we got there, I asked her if she needed to go potty and she said yes. So, I whipped out her inflatable potty seat, blew it up, and sat her on it...and she went!! Hooray! Let me tell you, though, how disgusting public bathrooms are! GROSS! I mean, they've always been nasty...but when you have to put your precious, clean, little baby on them, it's a whole new level of grossness! Ha! Today was also our first day of having no accidents! Yay Kaitlyn! Tomorrow we're having a friend over to play...I'm anxious to see if she remembers to take a break from playing to go potty.

In unrelated news (yes, there are other things going on besides potty talk)...I've really enjoyed spending this week at home with Kaitlyn. It's so fun to see how much she learns in a given day...I miss out on so much of that when I'm working. She's really putting 3 words together more now...lately it's been "Mama, fan on!"...since it's gotten cold, the ceiling fans are off and apparently she wants them on...but it's too cold! She's also getting better at asking for more food/drink..."More juice peez", etc. The coolest thing is she's getting really good with her colors so she's describing things now..."yellow plate" or "Mama's pink shirt"...too fun!

Oh...and this morning I realized that it is now October...Kaitlyn will be TWO next month! Wow! I haven't even started planning her party yet! Time to get on the ball!

No comments: