Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving & Birthday Party Weekend!!

Wow...we are zonked! I'll try to recap our ultra busy weekend...Thursday we hosted Thanksgiving dinner and it was yummo! As usual, Wayne made a fantastic turkey...and we had all sorts of other yummy food too! Kaitlyn, however, wasn't interested in eating any of it because she was much too busy entertaining the table of guests with her singing of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"...and we laughed and clapped all 8 or 10 times she sang for us! She sings most of the words right, except instead of "How I wonder what you are" it comes out more like "Hiney hiney wuh you are" ha ha! After our yummy meal, Wayne and I decided to hit Toys R Us at midnight for the start of Black Friday shopping! Well, HOLY SHOPAHOLICS...we waited OUTSIDE of Toys R Us for TWO hours, just waiting to get into the building...then shopped for 20 minutes and waited in line for another TWO hours to check out! Geesh! At that point it was 4:30am and we had given up on the idea of sleep...so we hit two different Walmart's and Bass Pro...got home around 6:45am and Kaitlyn promptly woke up at 7:30am! So yeah...45 minutes of sleep IS NOT ENOUGH AT ALL! Fortunately, Grandma M. was up visiting and took over Kaitlyn duty so I could get a 2 hour nap. Then we were off to church to see The Toledo Symphony Orchestra play...that was very cool and relaxing! I am definitely in the Christmas spirit now!

Saturday was Kaitlyn's 2nd Birthday Party and Elmo was EVERYWHERE...she loved it! It was so chaotic because there were so many people who came, but it was wonderful. We are so blessed to have so many friends and family who love Kaitlyn! She had a great time playing with all her cousins and little toddler friends...thank goodness all the kids helped open Kaitlyn's gifts or we would have been there all day! She got some really cute things...lots of cute clothes and fun toys, puzzles and books! I think Mommy is more excited about Kaitlyn's new toys than she is...just maybe I won't have to read the same old books over and over again!! :o) Kaitlyn also enjoyed her Elmo cake...although, she was a little scared or something when we all starting singing Happy Birthday to her! Usually, she loves being a crowd pleaser, but I think she was a little shy with all the guests around! But she did try blowing out her candles...I think she was afraid of the flame though and didn't want to get too close because we are always telling her "No, fire is hot!" and she knows to stay away from it! All in all, it was a great party...I even got her to say "Thank you everybody" after she opened her gifts!

So after hosting Thanksgiving and the birthday party, by Sunday we were ready to drop! Thank goodness Grandma M. was here to help with all the clean up, messes, food, etc...I could not have survived this week without her help! :o) And now that all the madness is over, we put our Christmas tree up today! We have most of Kaitlyn's Christmas gifts bought, but still need to shop for everyone else!

In Kaitlyn news...let me just say how crazy this is...almost overnight, like the day she turned two she started talking a bunch more...saying lots of new phrases and sentences and repeating totally random stuff! It's so fun! She is doing so well with saying please and thank you and we aren't having to prompt her...and the cutest thing is when I sneeze she says "Bless you Mama"...I love that! And maybe it's all mental, but I swear she seems so much older now than she was just a week ago...like she matured overnight or something! Ha! But just playing with toys differently, pretending, sitting like a little lady instead of a baby...it's so weird! Oh! And we found a new wonderful game...tonight Wayne was playing with her new Leap Frog Fridge ABC toy...it teaches her what each letter looks like and the sound it makes...well, all the letter pieces were on the fridge, but Wayne was in the living room...well he would tell Kaitlyn "Go get the letter A", so she would go get it from the kitchen and take it to Wayne...she got all the way to G before she missed one...she brough the J instead of the G...which is close! Then they went through the rest of the alphabet and she did pretty darn good! I thought she only recognized a few letters, but I think she knows maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of them! Geez, this girl is learning so much so fast! I can't even keep up with what she knows! Ha!
Anyways, so that's the recap...lots of pics to come on Shutterfly...here is a little taste! Enjoy!
The Birthday Girl with her matching Elmo outfit & party hat...she wasn't too thrilled about the party hat!
"Happy Birthday to Kaitlyn"...time to eat the Elmo cake!
Check out all these cute little party go-ers!
Our sweet little Birthday Girl...trying out some of her new toys!

No comments: