Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Very Exciting Week!

No sooner do we get Halloween wrapped up and Wayne is gearing up for Christmas already! So yes, we have our Christmas decorations up outside and they are starting to go up inside too! It's madness, I tell you! It is fun, but it's kind of misleading getting in the holiday spirit when it's still nearly 2 months away! Perhaps the coolest thing is Kaitlyn's new stocking...we forgot that we had bought her a new one last year, so now she's had a new one every Christmas...oops! But now she has an Elmo stocking that sings Jingle Bells...she LOVES it!


Here is Kaitlyn inspecting Mrs. Snowman in our yard!

This week we also welcomed 4 new babies to the world (and one more friend is due any day now)...you guessed it, Valentine's Day was nine months ago! Ha! Our neighbor had a little boy on Wednesday...I took them some cookies today, but have yet to meet the little fella! And my friend Amanda, Gavin's Mommy, welcomed a little girl on Thursday! I did get the pleasure of meeting (and holding!!) her and she is a little doll! Kelly and I also got to help out with "Gavin duty" on Friday, which was fun...he and Kaitlyn are adorable playing together...I'm sure I've mentioned that before!

Kaitlyn & Gavin holding still for 10 minutes MAX watching Elmo!Lunch time!

We're also gearing up for Kaitlyn's 2nd birthday...the invites are addressed and ready to be mailed. And today I made a practice Elmo cake...I haven't decorated cakes much, so I thought I better make a practice one before her party...plus, it'll be fun to eat! I still can't believe that she is almost two. It was surreal holding a newborn and then coming home to an almost two year old...how far we've come in just two quick years!

In Kaitlyn news...did I mention yet that we are done with teething for a while?? Well, we are! YAY! The only teeth left are her two year molars and since she didn't get her one year molars 'til around 20 months, I'm guessing her two year molars won't show up 'til she's going on three! She's also hitting another language burst, I think. It seems like she's been 'stuck' the last several months...she's been saying 3 word combo's a while, but not many 4 word combo's...but now they are coming more frequently...today she told Wayne "get up daddy please" as in get out of bed already! Ha! And she saw his Ohio State hat (which reminds me, GO BUCKS!!) and said "a go bucks hat" ha ha! Anything with the Ohio State logo on it means "go bucks" to her! And she's REALLY repeating everything now...anything that comes out of our mouths is fair game for her to repeat...it doesn't always sound 'correct'...but we definitely know what she's trying to say! Sometimes I kind of narrate whatever it is that we're doing (go potty, wash our hands, dry them on the towel, etc.) and she repeats all of it! She's also counting to 20 pretty well now...all of the "teens" sound similar, but she knows when to say them and how many "teens" their are before she gets to "tunty" ha ha! I just can't believe how much she's picking up lately! Ok, brag-fest over!

No comments: