Saturday, July 17, 2010

A Few Quick Updates!

Gummi bears it is! They are working like a charm to bribe Kaitlyn to use the potty on her own. Today she went on her own pretty much every time. I still have to remind her occasionally to wipe or wash her hands, but at least I'm reminding her from outside the bathroom and she's DOING it by herself. HALLELUJAH! I swear, not being in the bathroom with her adds a few hours to my day, not to mention it seems like I have less stress because of it! Mommy couldn't be any happier right now!

In other exciting news, Kaitlyn's getting better and better pedaling her bike. I think it's starting to click now that she can just about reach the pedals all the way around...she's still a tad short for her bike, so her feet slip off sometimes, but she's definitely getting it. We keep trying to go the length of the sidewalk in front of our house...I tell her once she can pedal the whole way, we'll get to ride to "Aunt Kelly's" house and to her friend Violet's house! As usual, once I get the camera out to video, she wants nothing to do with her bike!

Wayne had to work today so Kaitlyn and I had a Mommy-Daughter day and it was really fun. We went to the 577 Foundation (before it got sweltering hot) and had a great time. I got some cute pictures of her too! Then we headed to Walmart for groceries and such...she was a good girl all day long! It's been a while since I could say she didn't really have any meltdowns on a particular day! Ha!

No comments: