Friday, July 9, 2010

So Much Cuteness...And Other Notables!

Just a quick post to note a few random things...

This evening Grandpa W said "Kaitlyn, you are so pretty!"...to which Kaitlyn replied "No Grandpa, YOU are so pretty and I am so cute!" I think they are both right! Ha!

The last few weeks Kaitlyn has also been saying "Oh ok" a lot...for example, she'll say something like "I hear thunder Mommy" and I'll correct her and say "That's not thunder, you hear a truck going down the road" and she'll say "Oooooh, a truck...ok!" Like she's making a mental note of it or something!

This one isn't so fun but some day maybe we'll laugh at it...if we sternly have to correct Kaitlyn she will often sternly correct us back. If, for example, she won't put her shoes on after we've asked her multiple times I'll sternly say something like "Kaitlyn, you need to put your shoes on now or we can't go outside." And then she'll point at my face and say "No Mommy, YOU are gonna put your shoes on and go outside!" Helloooo Ms. Attitude!

Kaitlyn also had a run in with some bubbles this week. I was in the shower and put the gate up so she could only go between her room and ours...so I get out of the shower and couldn't find her! Finally I opened up her closet door to see her sitting on the floor of her closet...COVERED in baby shampoo! She said "I'm putting on lotion!" as she was rubbing it all over her arms and legs...she even dumped it all over her hair! What a mess!

Kaitlyn had another "first" recently too. Last Friday she had her first "sick" visit to the pediatrician...for a rash of all things! She had a BUNCH of small, red bumps all over her tummy and back and they were spreading down her arms and legs. I knew we hadn't changed soaps or lotions recently so we thought we'd better get her into the pediatrician, especially since it was Friday before a long weekend. The doctor said it was probably a post-viral infection rash...which is odd because she didn't seem sick earlier in the week, other than a runny nose the day we were at Cedar Point. We didn't even really treat it and thankfully it went away on it's own. On the plus side, we did get to weigh her while we were at the peds office and she is now a whopping 28.5 pounds...exactly 2 pounds more than her 2 year visit 6 months ago!

Kaitlyn has also been busy trying to figure out bike riding...she CAN pedal...it seems she just doesn't WANT to! If we give her a little push to help her go forward, she can keep pedaling for a little bit...but then she stops and goes back to using her feet on the ground to make it go. Eventually, she'll learn that it's faster and easier to pedal...for now, she's stuck doing the Flinstone method I guess!

No comments: