Wayne and I have been having a lot of "adult fun" lately...get your minds out of the gutter, it's CLEAN fun! We're playing in a softball league on Monday nights through our church and the YMCA. It's fun, but it'd be even more fun if we won some games! We've also been playing tennis with some friends on Tuesday nights. I've decided that I really like tennis...a lot of the motions are so similar to volleyball plus it's lots of running...that seems to be a combination I like! So we've been enjoying some active adult time to ourselves, however Kaitlyn has been spending more time with babysitters too...bring on the Mommy guilt! But, these terrible two's are something else...so we're looking at it as a "mental health" break way from the kiddo!
We also got to go on a DATE this week...just the two of us! Justin & Amanda (Gavin's parents) got me an Applebee's gift card last month for my birthday and they offered to watch Kaitlyn while we went out to dinner...so we jumped at the chance! It was wonderful...thanks so much guys! I'm sure Kaitlyn had a blast playing with Gavin too...they really play WITH each other now and it's so cute to hear their little conversations! Gavin would run away from Kaitlyn so she would say "Come back Gavin...you're going the wrong way!" Ha!
Not much new around here. Kaitlyn is getting better at pedaling her bike, but only when she wants to. She can get it going on her own now, but we have to work on steering...as soon as she gets it going, the handlebar turns and she turns from the sidewalk to the grass...which, of course, means she can't keep pedaling...which leads to crying and sometimes a meltdown...geesh!
I'm also trying to psych myself up to 'finish' potty training Kaitlyn...SHE tells us when she has to go potty, WE run to the potty, MOMMY pulls her pants/undies down, MOMMY sits her on the toilet, MOMMY wipes her bottom, MOMMY pulles her undies/pants back up, WE wash her hands...it seems to me that SHE has ME trained on taking HER to the potty! So, we need to get out of this habit ASAP because I've decided I'm spending far too much time in the bathroom! Not to mention I'm NOT going with her to kindergarden to wipe her bum! So, I think another sticker chart is in our near future...initially she got a sticker every time she pee'd/poo'd on the potty...this time around she has to do all the 'potty chores' on her own to get stickers...or maybe we'll try M&M's...undecided still! But hopefully she'll be willing and not dig her heels in. She CAN go potty all by herself, from start to finish...she just WON'T...in fact, she'll go by herself at church with no problem...but not for MOMMY! I don't think we'll tackle over night just yet...maybe in a couple more months...I'm really dreading that part!
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment