Yup, Kaitlyn had a rash...in fact, she's had 3 of them in the last 8 days or so! We narrowed down the culprit though...flowers! Ugh...of all things...one of her favorite things to do outside is to smell (and pretend to eat) flowers and now they give her a red, blotchy rash all over her face. Today I called the pediatrician and do you know what they told me to do?? And I quote "Try to keep her away from flowers." (!!!) How am I supposed to keep her away from flowers?! So, the nurse's second suggestion was Benedryl, which we're already doing, and Claritin if needed. Neither Wayne nor I have any allergies really so this is odd to me. It just makes me sad when I see her poor little red face all blotchy. I suppose this is a good time to be thankful that she's not had any 'real' health issues yet.
In more fun Kaitlyn news...yesterday I was explaining to Kaitlyn that she was going to Grandma B's house while we played our softball game. She said "Danielle's softball game" and I said "No, Danielle's all done with softball." (We had taken Kaitlyn to a few of Danielle's softball games to watch.) So then Kaitlyn asks "When is MY softball game, Mommy?" Aww...she feels left out and wants to play ball with the big kids!
She's still doing great with going potty all on her own. Most of the time she's already talking about the gummi bear she's going to get while she's still on the toilet. Today I heard her say (from the bathroom) "Mommy, I'm going potty. Now I have a gummi bear!" So clearly, sugar filled bribery works like a gem! Although, occasionally she'll forget to ask for the gummi bear. Since starting the whole 'potty independence' thing, she's been wanting to do other things more on her own too. For example, putting her shoes on or putting her shirt on by herself...heaven forbid Mommy try to help her!
The last few weeks she's gotten VERY into doing puzzles...like 'real' ones, not just little wooden puzzles! She does really well with one that's like 12-15 pieces and then pretty well with the one that's maybe 25 pieces too! We need to get more because I'm sure she's getting bored with the same couple of puzzles.
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment