Thursday, July 29, 2010

Not Much to Report...

It's actually been a pretty un-eventful week around here, so this will be a quick catch up. Kaitlyn is doing so well with pottying on her own...Mommy is in heaven not having to help her anymore! Yes, I know I've said that before, but it really is wonderful!! She hasn't had any accidents since we've started this either, which is great. It makes me wish we would have tried this much sooner! I'm trying to build up the ambition to tackle night training...maybe in another month or so...we'll see. I'm just not sure how the logistics of that will work...do I put a little potty chair in her room at night time? Or do I give her access to the regular bathroom? Or do I have her come get me at night when she has to potty? Ugh...the thought of getting up in the middle of the night does not make me want to do this at all!

Last weekend Kaitlyn & I had a girls weekend at Grandma M's. It was really fun! We did a little shopping (of course) and took Kaitlyn in the big pool at Grandma's condo. This was Kaitlyn's first time wearing floaties on her arms and she did pretty well. I figured she'd cling to me for dear life, but she let go enough and went in the water on her own quite a bit. As long as she had the floaties AND the ring around her waist, she felt confident. She does pretty well putting her face in the water and blowing bubbles. We're hoping to possibly join the YMCA this fall/winter and get her started in swim lessons, gymnastics, maybe tap dance, etc. Don't worry, just one thing at a time, but we might as well get our monies worth out of the membership, right?!

Well, just one more week until Kaitlyn's Flower Girl debut! I sure hope she cooperates and makes it down the aisle ok! Many pictures to come!

No comments: