Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Fun in Florida!

What a fun weekend! I'll try to re-cap quickly...sit back and relax! :o) So, we flew to Orlando Friday after I got off work...I was worried about Kaitlyn and the plane ride, especially since she's been fighting this cold, but she did really well! Enter BIG sigh of relief here! She started getting a little fussy toward the end, but that was because it was bedtime (AKA un-happy hour) and it wasn't anything awful. One of the passengers on the plane even said how well she did! Saturday we went to Magic Kingdom and saw all the Disney characters! Kaitlyn had a great time. Our issue now is that her love for walking interferes with her wanting to ride in the stroller! She kept wanting to get out and walk around...and I swear I won't leash my kid...it may work for some, but not for me...anywho...you wouldn't believe the number of little girls there who were all decked out in "Princess Wear"...including hair done with tiaras and the who sha-bang! I kept thinking that'll be Kaitlyn next time we go...maybe when she's like 5 or 6 years old! Anyways, she had fun and was able to ride some of the rides like the "It's a Small World" ride and some others. Kaitlyn and Daddy fed a duck some of her puffs and the duck nearly took her finger off! We didn't realize how close the duck was 'til we saw the picture close up! Scary! We got Kaitlyn a really cute Winnie the Pooh picture frame for her room so she can remember her first trip to Disney World! Then it was off to Ft. Myers (where we were staying)...on the way there we had to pass a bunch of orange farms (It smelled soooo goood!) and Tyler and Nick (Wayne's buddies that went with him down there to help with the job.) had to try stealing some REAL FRESH Florida oranges from someone's orange trees! Come to find out, they weren't ripe at all when they bit into them! Ha!

Sunday we did a little relaxing and hit Ft. Myers Beach for a couple hours. It was about 80 outside, which felt AWESOME compared to Ohio! Kaitlyn touched sand for the first time, which was an experience to remember! She kept eating it (go figure) and I kept trying to tell her "No, we don't eat sand" but I think I finally just let her experience it and gave up trying to stop her! I'm sure she's not the first baby to eat sand on the beach! We got her a little sand pail and shovel, which was cute, but totally back fired on us! As some of you know, we're trying to teach Kaitlyn to eat using a spoon now (Not super trying, but just letting her get used to holding a spoon, etc.)...well, do you know how much a sand shovel looks like a spoon to a one year old?! So, Kaitlyn would put some sand in her pail, scoop some out with the shovel and then put the shovel in her mouth, as if it were a giant spoon! DOH! So, she knows what to do with a spoon (good), but she thinks sand is food (bad)!! It was pretty cute though! Sunday night we ate at this place called Pincers (YUM seafood!) and I got some Stone Crab Legs...I love the ocean...there is seafood everywhere! So that was fun, but Kaitlyn had had a long day, so she was not thrilled about sitting still for dinner so we ate in a bit of a rush and then we were all off to bed.

Monday was another fun-filled day, spent mostly at the beach. This time we went to Lover's Key Beach (I think that was what it was called.) which was nice. They had TONS of seashells there and we saw a few star fish and spider crabs...we even found a couple sand dollars for Kaitlyn! So, we just relaxed on the beach the majority of the day...Kaitlyn got in the water a little (It was warmer Monday than the day before.) The water was pretty chilly, but not too bad if you only went up to your knees (Yes, I'm a cold water wuss!) so Kaitlyn just sat on the beach and let the waves wash over her...she loved it! I took some cute videos which will appear on Facebook when I have some time! And, of course, we took TONS...and I do mean TONS...of pictures too, which will make their way to Shutterfly in the next few days...hopefully I can post a couple here though! Anyways, after a long day at the beach, we were all pretty worn out so we just packed and ate some dinner (More crap/shrimp dip...yum!) and then headed for the airport! Kaitlyn again did really well on the plane...I thought for sure she'd sleep the whole way since it was a late evening flight, but she was a trooper and stayed awake 'til like 10pm! What?! After reading her books over and over again she finally conked out, just in time for the plane to land! DOH! But she did great! PHEW! Now we're back in cold Ohio, which is warmer than last week, so that's good, but still not as warm as 80! Her cold is pretty much just a super runny nose now and my generous little girl shared her cold with me! :o( So now I have a cold too...and do you know when you have a cold and you fly on a plane it feels like your head will explode?! UGH! Anyways...that's the quick update...it's hard to find time to get on here with Wayne still out of town...I have no break from the monster...I mean Kaitlyn! ;o) He he!


No comments: